Finding the message in the mess

My name is Jess, and man have I been going through it. My whole life I have felt “different” that things were “harder” for me than others. To say I shouldn’t be here today is an understatement. I was given drugs at 10 years old, by a friends dad. Who which gave us every drug in between until I landed on heroin at 15. I fell in love for 10 years. It took all my shame away, all my insecurities, it made me feel loved when everyone else didn’t see me. Heroin like everyone else in my life turned on me. Started to hurt me, made me sick. Made do things I could never imagine doing. I ended up in prison twice! On June 29 2010 I was headed to jail again. I was just crying a week before because I tried to OD myself and I woke up. I was so mad at God. Why? Why, keep me in this? I can’t even kill myself right. Now I’m not going to act like I found Jesus in a jail cell. It took me a solid year of being away for my mind to start to clear. Even then I didn’t know “what” “IT” was.
Here we are 12 1/2 years clean, I just recently left my hometown and moved to Virginia. Since then I quit the job I moved for , broke my shoulder in June , and now I’ve been off work without income since January 8th because I dislocated my ankle and had ORIF SURGERY. I’ll be out till 3/9. Instead of going into depression or resorting to old habits . I’m reaching out. I’m asking for help. The great thing by me asking for help I’ve actually been able to help others in the process! I needed a ramp not only did I get one but I also got one donated for a young guy that’s disabled. And I’ve been able to help two other people with rent resources that I have found. That’s the message. I know I’ll be ok with nothing. God didn’t let me die all those years ago when it was MY choice. So I do my best to keep my ears open for HIS will.

If anyone would be kind enough to help share my go fund me I would appreciate it. Or any ideas on where else to reach out to!

Keep your head up, keep yourself clean, if you need to chat reach out.

1 Like

Blessings , join us daily at 9 am Dr Ricardo Watson - YouTube

𝑹𝑬𝑽𝑰𝑽𝑨𝑳 𝑹𝑰𝑽𝑬𝑹 Church

16473 𝑪𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝑳𝒏.
𝑪𝒖𝒍𝒑𝒆𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒓 𝑽𝑨.
𝑴𝑬𝑬𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑮𝑺
𝑺𝒂𝒕 4:44 pm
𝑺𝒖𝒏 2:22 pm

𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒋𝒐𝒊𝒏 𝒖𝒔 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒇𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑶𝒇 𝑮𝒐𝒅.

1 Like