Forgiveness is very difficult, but it sets you free

forgiveness

1 Like

As I am struggling to let go of my previous hurts and pains, here comes another person that I cannot forgive as of this moment…May the Lord God heal everything in my heart, and learn to let go my anger…It really stresses me when someone is taking advantage of my goodness…:pensive:

1 Like

Very easy to say but very difficult to do - forgiveness. When we are seriously hurt and the wounds are deep, healing is tough and after the healing scars will show. This is the reality of being human and being hurt . Indeed forgiveness is the key to being set free but it should be genuine. It is easy to say that “I already forgave that person” and yet there is still a huge pain in our hearts. Genuine peace can only be achieved when we course our forgiveness to the one who ultimately forgives, that is through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Indeed. In my own experience, forgiveness is one way of letting go. Forgiveness doesn’t make you weak or less of a person. Forgiving someone who have hurt you and caused you pain is such a strong act of bravery. Forgiveness doesn’t happen overnight. To forgive is to let go and it takes courage to let go. Forgiveness also means acceptance. No matter how hard it is, you need to forgive people even if they don’t deserve it, not for them but for yourself. You need to do that in order to let go and move on. Life is too short to waste your time and energy hating and holding grudges against people who have wronged you. Always ask God to give us strength to forgive and overcome these things and help us become stronger and better person.

1 Like

I agree! Forgiveness does not necessarily mean reconciling with that person but letting go of your anger and being free from the pain you once endured. It is very hard and I know that we have different coping mechanisms but know that forgiving others will set your heart and mind free from unwanted baggage. We should never bury guilt nor resentment because it will only make our hearts unhealthy. We should try to let go and let God. God forgives us and we should too.

I agree Sir @IamRichardJohn…it is really very difficult to forgive especially if the wounds are to deep that even you’ll put wound ointment it won’t heal hehe…Forgiving someone comes with a step by step procedure… first step is ask forgiveness to God for hating the person…Second, forgive yourself for hating him/her…Third, forgive the person when you are ready and do not force yourself…

1 Like

I really smiled at this line @Jean…because sometimes people who have done you wrong force you to forgive them abruptly… like “forget about it, let’s be friends again”…I can easily forgive minor mistakes, but it takes me years to forgive those wounds as deep as an ocean haha! But one thing is for sure, I really do forgive people in a gradual process…

Hello @FaithinGod Forgiving someone doesn’t mean I’ll get my storybook ending. But it will bring peace and honor to a situation that would otherwise leave me bitter, defensive, and hurting. I have to trust God to get me through this forgiveness journey so that I can finally heal. You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you. Isaiah 26:3
Lift up your hurt and honest feelings to the Lord through prayer, whether it’s written or verbal.

Same here @MakkaPakka . I have two sides. One which is the kinder, softer and very considerate version. The other side is I’m not the type of person who easily forgive and forget. Depends on how deep and painful you did to me. Sometimes it takes a minute, a day, week, months or even years before I completely forgive and forget. Little mistakes are nothing to me. But when a mistake is repeated more than once or twice, you will really get into my nerves. That is a choice not a mistake anymore. Some people don’t even care how you feel, how we compromise things for them, they will still do it over and over again. Oh well, I will leave it all to Him. God bless those people. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Forgiveness does not mean that we suppress anger; forgiveness means that we have asked for a miracle: the ability to see through mistakes that someone has made to the truth that lies in all of our hearts. Forgiveness is not always easy. At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness. Attack thoughts towards others are attack thoughts towards ourselves. The first step in forgiveness is the willingness to forgive.

It really does. For years I have grudges against those people who hurt me. But when I learned and decided to forgive them, everything felt different. It feels like someone just took this heavy feeling I was feeling before. I became happier and healthier.

I agree @Jean…I do have a big heart to people who are good to me and I have a bad attitude to people who are not good to me…but having a big heart is more dominant… I seldom have enemies, because I am not a troublemaker kind of person…and I only argue to people if they are hitting below the belt…It is hard for me to forgive people too, especially if they make the same mistakes again…Anyway, God bless my haters for they do not know what they are doing… they only know me by name, not my entire story…:grin:

1 Like

Let us always choose to be the bigger person no matter how bad the situation or how bad they have done to us. Always choose kindness. God sees everything we do. Even if doing good for others doesn’t count for them, God knows what we did and may we always continue to be kind weather it would be reciprocated or not. If we did our best and they still repeat their mistakes and bad doing, then leave it all to God. You have done your part. Even the nicest person’s patience has a limit. At the end of the day, we knew we made the right choice.

1 Like

This is true. There may be times that it is very challenging to forgive someone depending on what they did to you but when the time comes that you’ve finally taken a step towards forgiveness, it gives a freeing feeling, the weight that you are carrying has been lifted. It such an awesome feeling.

Hello, dear @FaithinGod
What an amazing and good lesson… We have become too accustomed to hatred, even if we could have reasons, that’s not what God wants, God is love, and being a true Christian is following his ways. Forgiveness sets the soul free and helps getting over and control that thing that made us hurt. Of course forgiveness is not the same as forgetting.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.