God comes to women where ever they are

THIS HIT ME HARD.

Have you ever noticed how in the scriptures men are always going up into the mountains to commune with the Lord?

Yet in the scriptures we hardly ever
hear of women going to the mountains.
But we know why — right?

Because the women were too busy
keeping life going;
they couldn’t abandon babies,
meals,
homes,
fires,
gardens,
and a thousand responsibilities to make the climb into the mountains!

I was talking to a friend the other day,
saying that as modern woman
I feel like I’m never “free” enough
from my responsibilities,
never in a quiet enough space
I want with God.

Her response floored me,
“That is why God comes to women.
Men have to climb the mountain to meet God, but God comes to women where ever they are.”

I have been pondering on her words for weeks and have searched my scriptures
to see that what she said is true.
God does in deed come to women
where they are,
when they are doing their ordinary,
everyday work.

He meets them at the wells
where they draw water for their families,
in their homes,
in their kitchens,
in their gardens.

He comes to them
as they sit beside sickbeds,
as they give birth,
care for the elderly,
and perform necessary mourning and burial rites.

Even at the empty tomb,
Mary was the first to witness Christ’s resurrection,
She was there because she was doing the womanly chore of properly preparing Christ’s body for burial.

In these seemingly mundane
and ordinary tasks,
these women of the scriptures found themselves face to face with divinity.

So if — like me — you ever start to bemoan the fact that you don’t have as much time to spend in the mountains with God as you would like. Remember, God comes to women. He knows where we are and the burdens we carry. He sees us, and if we open our eyes and our hearts we will see Him, even in the most ordinary places and in the most ordinary things.

He lives. And he’s using a time such as this to speak to women around the world.

Original :paintbrush:: Heather F.

3 Likes

It was stated in the Bible, that men and women are equal in God’s eyes and in the eyes of the Church, but “equal” doesn’t mean they are the same. The responsibilities and divine gifts that both have differ in their nature but not in their importance or influence.

Proverbs 31:25 “Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come.” This simply means that with God enveloping us in his love and strength, we have absolutely no reason to fear for the future…Cheers to all super woman out there!

1 Like

It was said in the Bible Verse: [Titus 2:3-5 ESV ]

“Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.” I owe my mother and all mother’s out there, for they do thousand of responsibilities as a women and they still show kindness to their children. Similarly, to what Mama Mary does, that even at the empty tomb,
She was the first to witness Christ’s resurrection, she also given a great responsibility which is to guide and mold the attitude of Jesus Christ. As a young men, what I’ve noticed about God comes to women where they are, it is because all women has a biggest responsibility in the world as they’re the one who bear the child in their womb. As a man, and as my future husband role to the women I’ll love the most, I surely show my respect and love her all I can. :heart:

Yeah I like this. this is true. Nowadays, people expect equality would mean the same. That’s why I always see men and women arguing about the topic equality.

**The apostle Paul insisted, “In Christ’s family there can be no division into Jew and non-Jew, slave and free, male and female. Among us you are all equal. That is, we are all in common relationship with Jesus Christ” (Galatians 3:28).
Every human being, man and woman, was created for the same purpose, body and soul, in order to make themselves and their world a better and holier place.

In Genesis 3, both the woman and the man make disastrous choices.
Men and women who believe in him are placed together into a new family. They become the children of God (John 1:12).

I have heard from a local pastor here in our place, he said that. “in every man’s success in a prayerful mother”. This is so true, my sister and I were talking and looking back at life when we were young, we agreed that the greatest thing our mother did for us was to bring us to our Lord Jesus Christ. That’s why I believe in that phrase that “God comes to women”. It is because of the mother’s love for her children. For a Christian mom, she will pray as hard as she can so that the Lord will bless her children. Apart from God, her family is the most important thing in life. That’s why women rarely gets to be the hero outside because they are the superheroes at home where it matters most. My hats off to all the women and mother’s in this community, continue to be God fearing and continue to be prayerful women.

1 Like

@IamRichardJohn: True! When I became a mom, I realized what the quote “Never underestimate a mother fueled by prayer” means… It’s like, from time to time you keep praying for your child that she may have all the desires of her/his heart, that he/she be successful when she grows up, that he/she be generous and kind to others…etc. Everytime my daughter learned something new, I honestly cry for joy and I have been a prayerful mother since then before I gave birth.

1 Like

@kianna I certainly agree with you! In the eyes of the people today, equality is a blurry subject. People would confuse equality as being the same person with the same responsibilities, etc.
Galatians 3:26-29 “For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.” We have our own individuality but we are all equal in the eyes of God.

1 Like

One of my favorite stories in the bible is the creation of women.

The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. Genesis 2:18,22

We were taken out of a man’s rib. It just shows that we have a special role in the lives of men. He created us to emphasize their character. We are made as encouragers and influencers, radiating God’s love and goodness.

This is a good article that depicts that God is really close to women. I remember the story of the aldulterous woman. She was about to be thrown with stones. Jesus intervened and saved her. I guess, It doesn’t matter where we are in our life journey, we are a woman of God. He is always there to bring out our God-given nature. He’s got our backs.

1 Like

Yes, we are all made uniquely by the Lord God. Men and women are indeed equal in the eyes of the Lord God, but we will not confuse this subject in all areas. Men and women have differences and this is actually a good thing as it enables us to help each other and be compatible with each other. No one is perfect so we try to help each other with what we have.

1 Like

Hello, dear @faithpixel
Lovely words! I have always thought with all of the equal and feminism movement that is okay equal opportunities but society can’t treat everyone the same, man can do better things and woman can do better things themselves, this is especially important because we have to work together for the benefit of all!
And with God is the same, he recognizes the qualities of his own creation of course, if you see with the virgin Mary she didn’t go to a mountain to receive her mission of giving birth to Jesus Christ for example. God has his way plan for every person, man or woman, and he always knows best!
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero