God gave you the will?

Hello, dear friends
I was remembering some TV show that I saw a long time ago, and in there a priest a said this: Our prayers have been answered! God will save us… Because God has given us the courage to save us ourselves.
It left me an impression, God is everywhere and always with us.
He’s gave us the will the make things happen, to make our own life’s as we wished too.
I feel it, and can say this happened to me.
So did you feel the will that God gave you?
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

I have always struggled about feeling and knowing God’s will and allowing it to happen in my life. If God has control over everything, then why can’t we just live life on cruise control? If He is sovereign and is in control of all things, then we should take things easy and won’t be asked to take responsibility over anything, right? I have no answers to these questions myself. But I don’t mind going through life always in search of what God’s will is in my life. I guess that’s all that matters anyway.

1 Like

You see, we are called to a relationship with Jesus. We are called to his person, not his drills. He is a Savior more than a sergeant. The goal of the disciple of Jesus, then, is not to answer the question ‘What is God’s will for my life?’ The goal, instead, is to walk in God’s will on a moment-by-moment, day-by-day basis.The Lord wants you in His will even more than you want to be. So don’t let figuring out His will become an idol. Pursue the Lord and trust Him to keep you in His path.

1 Like

The freedom to make our own decision or the freewill is one of the gifts that God gave us. However, that gifts comes with a responsibility and consequence.
Even back in the garden of Eden, God gave the command but Adam and Eve has the freedom to obey or disobey the command.

God also gave the Israelites during the time of Joshua a freedom to choose.

15But if it is unpleasing in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living. As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD!” Joshua 24:15

It would have been easier for God to make humans be like robots. However, without that free will, we will not be able to enjoy and appreciate life. Free will is a wonderful gift, let’s use it wisely and for the glory of God.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I think. God wants us to want to love him, that’s why he gave us free will. And being able to do it, to feel and give love to the Lord is something wonderful.