God is able to prevent evil, but let’s be thankful he doesn’t always in it’s tracks

A quote from a Greek philosopher Epicurus:
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
A response from a former atheist turned believer:
God is able to prevent evil, but let’s be thankful he doesn’t always in it’s tracks. Why? Simple, because he would start with me, and then you, and then your friends, and then your family, and then everyone else who ever walked the earth aside from one man.
The fact is people are not good, not even one (Romans 3:10-12), and because of this you REALLY don’t want God to destroy all evil immediately.
Thank you Lord for allowing it to rain on the just and the unjust alike, for putting up with all of my sin, and for giving me time to find the one who can save me from it all. I know Jesus is enough, and because of him mercy, grace, and love write the rest of my story.
Jude 1:25: “To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.”

Eric Perez

Josue Pina There are plenty of examples of him stopping evil, but he seems to always give time to repent. Such as with Amorites, who were doing unspeakable things like building children into the walls of their home to bless the home. They were given 400 years, and then destroyed. Don’t mistake his longsuffering for unwillingness, the Lord will destroy the world and all the evil in it. That day is coming, but I thank him for not doing it sooner, or else I’d be lost.

Eric Perez

Joseph M Truscello Well, God addresses this of course: Isaiah 55:8-9King James Version8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Eric Perez

Vicki North What’s worse than that is denying he exists at all, and the lengths and leaps they will make to do so. I personally don’t have enough faith to be an atheist.

Eric Perez

Eric Perez , yes but your not getting what it says in the last scripture I shared , that a what is called the godless myths. And to study theology is of man. Paul reference this as a battle against the flesh. We are not to be apart of. That is for those who think learning theology. Paul went on and said I suffer for the sake of the gospel.And he did that so none of us would have to. He made it clear in this next scripture.Romans 7:15-20New International Version15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.(A) 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good.(B) 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.(C) 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.a For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.(E) 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.(F)That’s what I should of shared to begin with. And this as well.Romans 12:22 Do not conform(A) to the pattern of this world,(B) but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.(C) Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is(D)—his good, pleasing(E) and perfect willLike i shared previously, what you do is not for me , but I’m giving scripture to show that it is for man alone. Not any believer.

Kyah Oakgrove

Noel Lawrence You are misinterpreting. He doesn’t stop evil immediately in it’s tracks, he gave the Amorites 400 years to repent before he had them destroyed. Do you see the point I was making now?

Eric Perez

Diana Pugino Amen to that, it’s hard for people to grasp that we are judged by his standard, not our own.

Eric Perez

Heavens Half Acre Produce Very true, it’s the work of one man, who is God that sends the Holy Spirit to seal all who believe in Christ’s resurrection until the day of redemption.

Eric Perez

The almighty God is in control has been is and will be forever !Amen

Bill Mcintire

Debbie Zimmerman I can only thank Jesus knowing that, for the new heart he has given me, one holy and acceptable to God because it relies solely on his son.

Eric Perez

Tholsee Reddy I hope yours is not one of unbelief in the risen Christ. There’s no hope in that opinion. If it’s something else, and you are a believer, then okay.

Eric Perez