God is continually chiseling, molding us

96818165_10223087497281128_8713253544133656576_n

Deep within the earth’s surface, with extreme heat and pressure, a diamond is made. With the gradual shifting of the earth’s platelets and volcanic eruptions, it is brought near the surface.

Only in the hands of a master craftsman, can a rock-like substance be transformed to a magnificent diamond. The purposeful blows with a hammer, the chiseling, with precision and expertise, brings beauty from blah.

Likewise, God is continually chiseling, molding us into what He has created us to be. At times, the pressure is intense. The heat can sometimes be more than we think we can bear. But the Master Craftsman is very purposeful in working with His creation.

He wants us to be someone worthy of His stamp of approval. He is not concerned about the imperfections He trims away. He sees the finished work. He sees us as the brilliant diamond, long before we see it.

Isaiah 64:8 And yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, and you are the potter. We all are formed by your hand.

3 Likes

2 Corinthians 4:7 (NIV)

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

It declares truth, I owe God because I see myself how I change spiritually and how He shape my faith in Him. We might encounter an extreme heat and pressure in the way we discover what is life up’s and down’s. But we must be resilient, because I know God has a purpose. Seeing how we mold the clays into jar is the same way how understanding and eager is God to mold us like a good servant.

1 Like

I always believe that God is molding me to what He wants me to be whenever I feel down and whenever I do not believe in my capabilities anymore. He is always there to support me whenever I feel like I’m trapped. No matter what circumstance I am in, I know God has a plan for me and I will continue to strive becoming a better version of myself everyday.

1 Like

I love the passage Isaiah 64:8, how the craftsman carefully molds us to become His masterpiece. We should also bare in mind that the craftsman here is not just an ordinary one, He is our Father, and this means He will take extra care in handling the clay. Details of the workmanship will surely be astounding as the Father takes pride on His creation. But there is one very important key to verse, that is the word clay. It just means that we should be mold-able and soft, so that craftsman will be able to achieve the desired shape, size and design. We need to be soft as a clay and not be stubborn or hard-headed when it comes to God. In this way God would be able to mold us according to His plan for us.

2 Likes

As time passes by, I get to understand how important and valuable my struggles are despite of the pain and suffering I have been through. It molded me into the strong person that I am today. I know God was and will always be by my side as I face my daily battles. He has molded me into a strong person fueled by faith.

1 Like

I love this!! If we want God to mold us into a better person, we must first accept Him as our Lord and Savior and allow His power to work on us. We won’t be able to change into good people if we won’t allow God in our lives. Such a very wonderful reminder to let the Lord God in our lives and give Him the full permission to shape us.

1 Like

I remember this passage in the bible…

“Then I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was, making something at the wheel. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make. –Jeremiah 18:3, 4”

God has indeed a purpose in how He is shaping us, He has a plan for us, and He knows exactly what He is doing. When God puts us on the wheel of circumstances, it doesn’t mean he wants us to suffer but rather He means to accomplish something. He has a purpose.

Indeed Maam @kianna during this quarantine time I received a lot of realization from God, may it be from reading His holy word or hearing from ministers online. God has been there ever since, the only problem is our stubbornness,He has been extending His hand to us. But instead of acting like a clay ready to be molded, we want to become big boulders. We want to be tough, courageous, ready to take on anything that life throws at us. Like most of the hashtags I see on SOCMED nowadays, #labanlang. Which for me is ok, but the question is where is God there… why not make it #ItrustinyouLord.

Take me, Mold me
Use me, Fill me
I give my life to the Potter’s hands
Hold me, Guide me
Lead me, Walk beside me
I give my life to the Potter’s hand

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Darlene Joyce Zschech
The Potter’s Hand lyrics © Music Services, Inc

1 Like

Yes, He is just patiently waiting for us. To mold us into better people, to let us trust Him when things go wrong and out of hand. Yeah, I find nothing wrong with #LabanLang, for me, it is in a way of trusting the Lord, too. To disregard the negative thoughts and have faith in the Lord, laban instead of worry. Ooh, I love that! #TrustInYouLord!! :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

Just like how the craftsman turned a rock into diamonds through hammer, chiseling and pressure of molding, these are the ways of God for molding us to what he wants us to be.

Where we are right now in this very moment is exactly where we need to be in order to get to where we’re meant to be. To what we’re meant to be. Everything is unfolding exactly as it should. There is purpose in each and every situation we experience. Always trust the process. Everything is falling into place.

Yes God has molding us ,for us to become a better person. God teaches us everything how to be a good netizen or samaritan in the bible. If we want ourselves to grow then we must listen to his voice.

It’s amazing how diamonds are made. Diamonds are made out of earth’s crust that is exposed in an extreme heat and pressure to bring out its sparkling beauty. We are like these diamonds. The obstacles in our life are necessary. We need to encounter these difficulties in order to shape us and bring out our God-given beauty.

IN THE MOST SIMPLEST TERMS THAT I COULD EVER PROCLAIM WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO BEING AN BELIEVER OF JESUS CHRIST… I JUST TRUST YOU LORD… NO MATTER WHAT… I DON’T CARE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE TO MYSELF OR OTHER’S… I HAVE MADE UP IN MY MIND… RATHER I HAVE A THORN IN MY LEFT OR RIGHT SIDE OR BETTER YET BOTH… I WILL TRUST YOU LORD… NO MATTER WHAT I HAVE OR DON’T HAVE… I WILL CONTINUE TO TRUST YOU LORD… FOR MY MIND IS MADE UP AND I HAVE SEEN YOU LORD COUNTLESS TIMES WORKING ALL MY WRONGS INTO YOUR RIGHT… NOT MINES… NOT MY PARENTS… NOT THE WORLD OR MY SIGNIFICANT OTHER’S… BUT YOUR WAYS… I THANK HIM AND I GIVE HIM ALL THE GLORY AND HONOR… BETTER YET… EXCUSE ME… BUT I GOT TO GIVE HONOR WHERE HONOR IS DUE… HALLELUJAH… HALLELUJAH… HALLELUJAH TO THE MOST HIGH GOD… I THANK YOU LORD FOR TAKING OTHER’S OUT OF THE MIRY CLAY ALONG WITH ANYONE THAT I EVER ASKED FOR YOU TO HELP… YOU DID IT… NOW LORD I ASKED THAT YOU CONTINUE BEING THE POTTER IN OUR LIVES… TO PROVE TO THE NON-BELIEVERS THE NAYSAYERS AND THE EVIL ONE’S THAT YOU ARE STILL HEALING DELIVERING PRUNING CUTTING SHAPING AND MOLDING ALL WHOM BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE GOD THROUGH YOUR SON JESUS CHRIST… EMMANUEL IS WHO HE TRULY IS… CONTINUE TO TRUST IN GOD & LEAN NOT TO YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING…:pray:t5::bug::butterfly::100::heart:X3

@Livingwater This is so True. Im also in a working in progress. I dont know when i gonna be whole as a person because of my sins. But still I’m trusting our Lord he is our savior.
He still molding me until now , I love how lord works on my life he will remove the things that i dont need in my life. But first you will ask the Lord , Lord why are you doing this. He will not answer you on that certain time but he will soon. And you will realize that " That how the Lord Works in your life for you to be a better person someday."
Amen.

Hello, dear @Livingwater
I like your post a lot, good reflection… Especially this part:

God is so inmense and lovely that he was us to be better every time, he’s always there by our side and still looks for us. He could have just left his creation, he gave us free will after all, but in his big love he wants us to be better every day, until the day when we die and we get to be at his side.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

Amen! God is not playing with us today. He is not experimenting. He has purpose in how He is shaping us, and that comforts me. He has a plan, and He knows what He is doing. When God puts us on the wheel of circumstance, He means to accomplish something. He has a purpose. The onlooker can’t guess His purpose, neither can the clay under His hand. But someday we will know.

Yes! A character chiseled by God Himself, molded by the hands of the Master Potter, is something to be desired. Everyone in their right mind desires it, but few want to go through the trials that produce it. I don’t blame them in the slightest, and I desire God’s protective hand over all of you, but remember Him when you are at your best or in your worst. Hopefully it doesn’t take a severe correction upon your life for Him to capture your attention. Draw nearer to Him while He is within reach and seek to give Him your best.

Hi @Livingwater! Each and every single day of our lives, God is indeed trying to mold us into what He wants us to be. He wants us to be a model of goodness in the eyes of people. He wants us to spread His goodness and love. Let us remember that every plan that He will make for us will be worth waiting for.

@Livingwater i am so blessed with this. My life is in His hands. I am so amaze till now how God mold me every single day of my life. I am forever grateful that he chose me to be his clay and i am fully surrender with him. I am waiting that one day ill become a beautiful diamond and be useful servant of him.