GOD'S REST FOR YOU: A Devotional

For he who has once entered [God’s] rest also has ceased from [the weariness and pain] of human labors, just as God rested from those labors peculiarly His own.
HEBREWS 4:10

Each day we have certain purposes we wish to accomplish, and at the end of the day it is proper to rest, not only physically, but our souls also need a rest. We need rest physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
Faith allows us to rest spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. Even our will gets a rest when we have trust in God. We don’t worry or reason, we are not upset or downcast, and we are not trying to make something happen that is not God’s will—we are at rest! Paul was singing in jail. Jesus was praying for others while being crucified. Joseph decided that if he was going to be a slave, he would be the best slave his owner ever had. And later Joseph decided that if he was going to be a prisoner (even though he did not commit a crime), he would be a prisoner with a good attitude.
We need to be honest about what the real cause of our stress is. Is it really our circumstances in life, or is it the way we respond to the circumstances? There is a rest available, and we must strive to enter it. Entering the rest of God should be our number one priority after receiving Jesus as our Savior. I ask you: Have you learned to sit and enter God’s rest? We may say that we are trusting God, but there is no evidence of trust unless we stay seated in Christ.
Trust in Him Are you upset, worrying, or trying to make something happen? You don’t have to be! God has a place of peace and rest for you, and all you have to do to enter His rest is put your trust in Him.

by Joyce Meyer

1 Like

This is very timely because for the past two weeks I guess, I have been worrying nonstop financially. I have been stressing myself out and I think it has made some negative effects on my health. This devotional was like a sign for me to rest and relax. I have to take care of myself too.

This is the greatest assurance we have from God, that in Him we can find refuge and rest. This world might have offered us a lot of things to divert our focus into, enticing us with happiness and relaxation, only to find out that everything is just a facade and temporary. Just sugar coating our current situation and even digging a much deeper hole, draining us physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. On the other hand when we are with God, even if we are in the worse possible situation, we can still find genuine rest.

1 Like

Yes, @IamRichardJohn. Our God is such a loving God. Despite everything, He still wants us to rest and take care of ourselves. Life is hard, of course, but to rest from time to time is a must! :blush::yellow_heart:

Also, in line with our situation and the topic about rest. Let us not forget to take care of ourselves and take a break when we need to. We are battling a virus that attacks our body and with a weak immune system, it is very risky. Take care of yourselves, guys! God bless us all! :blush::yellow_heart:

Thanks again for posting this dear @kianna…it is from one of my favourite author…I suggest you read also her book titled “Battlefield of the mind”…This devotional reminds us to lay down all our cards to God. He is the only person who knows everything that will happen in our life, so let us stop pushing the things we wish to do and get disappointed when we don’t get and have it. For the more we push things that is not according to God’s plan, everything is pointless. We need to learn to rest and let God maneuver things that we cannot handle.:blush:

1 Like

I think that what hinders us from “the rest” that God is offering is being consumed by our thoughts. We have to be aware of this so that we can avoid it. It says in the bible to take captive of every thought in order to obey Christ. We have to surrender every thought to Him, and let His holy spirit work in us. In doing so, we will learn to trust Him more and be in peace in spite of the difficulties in life.

1 Like

Hello, @MakkaPakka! Thank you for the book recommendation! I will surely read that :blush: Yes, God has a plan for us, sometimes things don’t go well for a reason because God has something better for us. Thank you again and God bless you!

Yes @kbadum! I agree, sometimes I feel very pressured by my own thoughts especially regarding work and school. I get stressed whenever things don’t go my way. This devotion has taught me to let things be when I can no longer handle it.

@kianna: No worries dear! It was a good book and you can download a copy of it in pdf form…and yes, God has plan for each and one of us… we may differ in situations on how we will receive it, but surely it is the best for us… Blessed day dear!:wink:

1 Like

Yey! Thank you for that, I really try to just find soft copies of books because I don’t know for some reason, Dumaguete no longer has a National Bookstore :frowning: plus it would be a good change so I can save more money :blush:

@kianna: Can you give me your email add dear? I’ll send all the self help books that I have saved here in my phone…all of them are in pdf form…you can send me titles of the books that you want too…I’ll try to search it for you…:blush:

1 Like

That would be very amazing! I will message you my email for privacy purposes hihi Thank you so so much @MakkaPakka!

1 Like

Hello @kianna thanks for this devotional word it helps me this time because I feel so down lately I feel that there is no one can understand me the way I feel right now but Im wrong there is a God that cares for me in the beginning and he will never leave by my side and I thank God for this word.

1 Like

Yes, of course, @Paulo_Juamis! :blush: No matter what happens, God is always by our sides waiting for us. If you feel like no one understands you, the Lord is always there willing to listen. May God bless you :blush:

Hello @kianna thanks for sharing this. Rest seems like an easy thing or state to achieve, but surprisingly it is not. Only those whose faith and lives really depend in God can find true rest. The image of “rest” reminds me of Jesus sleeping on the boat while storms were battering them hard. Amazing

1 Like

Yes, @eestioko rest can sometimes be very hard to do. I have been struggling with that too, trying to balance my education and job. But as of the moment, I am trying to rest and refresh my mind. I was very stressed the past few weeks, now I am giving time for myself to physically and mentally heal.

Yes this kind of words can help us boost our body, energize so we can think positively, It’s really kinda relaxing to just sit and read good news from God.

1 Like

Yes, @zayn22! Our bodies are gifts from God, we must take care of it by resting and not overusing it.