Going to church for clout

What can you say about those people going to church only for show? I know a lot of people going to church because they want others to think that they care about God but inside they don’t. :frowning:

There will always be people who has that kind of attitude. In fact, there are people who are not only going to church for show but there are people who preaches the gospel for selfish ambition.

Philippians 1:15-18 New International Version (NIV)
15 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16 The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. 18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

We shouldn’t let ourselves be troubled by these kinds of people. It may be difficult, but we should have the same attitude as Paul, “And because of this I rejoice.”

1 Like

Nowadays, a lot of people doing that. Even youngsters went to church just because there crushes are there. First of all, one must understand the essence of going to Church. If you are not 100% sure of your purpose of going to Church, you better stay in your house and pray the Holy Rosary instead.

1 Like