Great to imagine peace after death, but what about every second we are living?

I thought I felt great love and peace in the beginning of converting to Christianity but it was very brief and has left me. Now I just feel the constant pressure daily to try to live up to being, “holy, Christ-like, and perfect” as scripture tells us to be.
I feel it is a very depressing reality to strive for perfection daily and to live with fear of hell and punishment. I also just don’t feel all the love heaven may have for me, I fear not even making it there. Not only that, but it’s great to imagine peace after death, but what about every second we are living?
How do you all cope with this?

Erica Bateman

There’s a false gospel that you decide you want to get right with God and you try to stop yourself from sin the best you can and God will help you do it he may even give you the Holy Spirit to help you do it in your heart. Because you have good in you and God just needs to work the bad out so that you’ll be nothing but good and right. But that’s all false. Scripture says there’s nothing good in us we are terrible. We are in need of a savior and a lord. If one is trying to stop themselves from sin clean up themselves they are not making the Lord their savior or their lord. They are trying to save themselves. And if they believe God is going to help them do it he’s definitely not their savior he’s their assistant only thing is he’s not they’re on their own. Jesus came to take our sins away now I no longer have sin so I no longer commit sin. Those who say oh will always have sin are still in bondage to it. That’s why they believe that they have not been saved. So if you’re staying that you lost your piece you once had that made it been an emotional High that faded and you’re talking about all the coping and stuff because whoever’s teaching you about being a Christian is talking about how to manage your sin like using Christian Counseling which is false teaching. You need to be set free have your sin taken away then you’ll have real peace and can truly serve the Lord.

Daniel Hutch

How do you cope with that? Stop whining and believe Jesus and bear the cross in his wisdom he gives you to bare, Erica. Sounds harsh? The cross is harsh, Jesus said if you do not suffer with him, you will not reign with him…Those who have sufferings have the greatest award awaiting them if you continue in faith believing him…Sister as Paul, I to have a thorn in the flesh that God has not removed that I suffer with, being humiliated with daily, every day of my life since a child, So the advice I give, I live by God’s Grace that gives me the faith to bare it and keep walking in sheer naked faith that his will be done on earth in my life no matter the sufferings I have to endure…Our Father knows what’s best. So stop complaining sister if your real.

Jack Spinks

The freewill doctrine is fraudulent. You believed by your own freewill you could make a choice to keep the law of God and failed over and over until it drove you into depression and anxiety. There is no such thing as freewill otherwise you would make a decision about keeping the law perfectly and it would be so. And that is not case. You’re not alone. Many freewill thinking people experience the same issues. Because they are trying to do the impossible. One must be born again. Jesus already kept the law perfectly through faith and gives the Spirit to the one who cries out to Him for mercy.

El G Pollex

Erica 2 things1. ONLY BY RECEIVING UNCONDITIONAL LOVE CAN THERE BE TRUE OBEDIENCE. He loves you at your worst. Don’t worry about living up to His standards and just be in Him. Remember His sacrifice that seals you into His arms.2. When you entered into Christ you were taking a side in the spiritual realm. There is an enemy who hates Jesus and also hates you because you belong to Jesus. He will attack you, mostly your mind. Just remember to be on guard of any thoughts that direct you away from his grace and onto your performance. I thought when I became Christian that I would have this undisturbed inner peace. I wish someone would have prepared me that I was stepping into a battleground. Because for a time I thought I was having some king of spiritual glitch. Anyway stay in Christ my sister

Charles Haris

I so feel this. Please let me know what conclusion you come to

Alannah Natalie

How do I control lust I mean everytime I have it I feel bad

Cristianni Gianni Rispoli

It’s hard, yes it’s very hard, just remember Yahuah understands what you going through. The path to heaven is narrow, but please don’t give up. Yahuah is a loving and gracious God, so when you slip repent, just repent. We know death and/or Yeshua return can happen in the blink of an eye. So it is important that we get to a point in our lives where we stop sinning. The price is too high to continue in sin, the price is to high to not spread the truth. Even Paul struggled with this and even more importantly Yeshua experienced all the we experienced. 1 Corinthians 9:22-27[22]To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some.[23]I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.[24]Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.[25]Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.[26]Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air;[27]but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

Anthony Tinnell

Sis please message me if you ever need someone to talk to and help you through this

Madeline Hope

When Jesus was on the cross he said, IT IS FINISHED! He died for all sin for eternity once and for all period! All we have to do is confess our sin and keep on pushing! Read 1 John 1:9 Jesus loves us unconditionally!

Alzart Deaton