Have you even doubted about your salvation?

Sometimes, i have this question, and i feel very bad about this. If you have this kind of thought, what do you do?

1 Like

I have. At some point it will be something that every Christian experiences because Satan will try to take us off the path Christ has set before us. We have to remember that God’s Word tell us to,

“Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.”
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

But His Word also says this,

“Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.”
‭‭I John‬ ‭2:3-6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Sometimes. My pastor told me to read Romans chapter 1-8 when I have this problem, Paul explained the salvation very clearly. And it does work for me.

1 Like

Amen :grin:

Yes, I had this experience. When I just became a Christian, I felt so blessed and I was very sure about the salvation. Because I felt the love from God was so strong and he totally saved me and gave me new life through Jesus Christ. By the great grace, I repented my sin very hard and reborn. However, by time passing, my sin came to me again. I felt so shameful and painful in heart. I couldn’t accept myself and began to doubt about my salvation. It was total a hard time. But through many sermons and prayer, I realize that the salvation is entirely amazing grace not because me, but because Jesus Christ. My sin sometimes will come out again and again. But it can’t cancel the unconditional love and salvation from Jesus Christ. The holy spirit is still with me whenever I pray to God. The holy spirit testify that I am a son of God and Jesus’ salvation can never be cancelled. I also consult my pastor, he told me that all the Christian will face the struggle with their sin. After we receive the salvation and reborn, it doesn’t mean that we will never sin again and be completed, we are still on the way, the way of sanctification. We need the Holy Spirit to help us to get over our sin. We need grace and mercy from God. This is a lifelong lesson. The more I know my sin and weakness, the more I know how great grace and love I had received from God. Although sin still will come come to me and I’m still not what I want to be, however, I’ve already learned to be thankful to the transformation had happened to me. I’m far not what I was and I have full faith in Jesus Christ’s salvation, I believe the future can only be better and better.

1 Like

I also have this kind of thinking sometimes.

From the bible, Romans 8:28-30, we can see that the salvation is a process. We are saved means that we are already justified, but we still need to be sanctified and to be glorified in the end. Only justification is not the full salvation, but a very blessed start. God helps us to start this journey with His grace and we need to continue this journey with His grace until we truely see Him face to face in His glory.

One time, when I doubted, i listend to the message from the great bible teacher David Pawson. - YouTube You can also listen to it and may it bless you.

I usually used to, because I am a great sinner, but, nevertheless, God loves me by his grace.

Honestly yes. When I was greatly trapped by my sins, I doubted whether I was saved. Because if I was saved why I kept sinning? But when I studied the series of Romans at my church, especially Romans chapter 7 I got to understand I am actually on the path of sanctification. That moment I was confirmed that I am saved indeed.

I have doubted. I was very afraid I was not saved when I know more I am such a sinner. But when I get to know that Jesus he died for my sin. I am a sinner, I should die, but he carried my cross, and I am saved.

This is gospel, this is the love and grace of God. I suggest you study book Romans deeper.

Sometimes at the beginning of my faith. But after studying the book of Romans (especially the part of Chapter 5-8) more and deeper, I became very convinced about my salvation.