Have you ever been released through worship? Do you like to share the experiece to me

Have you ever been released through worship? Do you like to share the experiece to me.

Yes, worship is an amazing thing…my eternal purpose is to worship the Lord…
i got encounter with this Scripture

Jeremiah 32:39
And I will give them one heart and one purpose: to worship me forever, for their own good and for the good of all their descendants.

I can’t remember how many times I have felt like God was a million miles away and then, in an instant, I recognized that He was closer than the air I breathe.
When I was 11 years old, the Jesus Movement was taking hold in my hometown of El Paso, Texas. The church I attended began to be filled with long-haired, barefoot hippies. We sang acapella songs like “Hallelujah” over and over again. It really was an authentic, powerful move of God, but I was very young, so most of the time I was bored and distracted. However, I do remember watching the Holy Spirit move on people’s lives in a special way. I remember seeing high school kids worshiping and weeping at the mention of God’s love. There was such an amazing sense of grace and unity among everyone.
One of my earliest memories is of my parents gathering us around my mom’s baby grand piano and having us sing the old hymns of the church for what felt like hours. At 5, I would end up lying under the piano and eventually falling asleep. I didn’t think much about Jesus and the Gospel then, but on that Friday night as the Christian band performed, the God we had sung about became my own personal God. I sensed Him saying to me for the first time “Tommy, I love you and I have called you to do great things for Me.” I wept at the thought that the God of heaven wanted to save and use a young boy like me. I surrendered my life to Jesus that night. One of my life verses has been Psalm 40:3, “He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord” (NIV).

Experiential Worship

The conviction I felt during this church service stemmed from the reality of what I have allowed worship, to become for me: an experience that makes me feel good.
I like churches with amazing worship bands—they make me feel good. I like churches where my friends go—they make me feel good. I like church to be entertaining and the sermon to be engaging—this makes me feel good.
I had to stop and ask myself, since when was worship about making me feel good?

R.C. Sproul says, “As fallen creatures, it is one of our most basic and fundamental inclinations to worship something, or someone, other than the true God.”

Could it be that, sometimes, the thing we are drawn to worship apart from God is worship itself? The act of it as it takes place in our church services? The music, the dark lighting, the instruments playing behind the prayer? Is this what I crave more than God?

I do not believe the elements of a worship service are wrong or bad, but I do believe we can begin to worship our worship experience over the almighty God, and this is not true worship.

1 Like

Wonderful and clear answer, @Jenifer.

Agreed. Worshiping to make ourselves feel good IS WORSHIP OF OURSELVES AND OUR FEELINGS NOT GOD.

yes, i always feel release in Sunday Sermon. Sunday sermons always has a lot of grace, we can receive a lot of grace

Yes, many times. Especially that I still remember the first time when I came to a church to join worship, I was touching deeply and crying with repent.

Thank you!!!