He Saved Me, He Saved Me Not: Finding Assurance in the Free Grace - Lordship Salvation Debate

It’s an age-old story: Johnny accepts Jesus gladly, perseveres for a while, takes a moral detour, and comes back to His Savior several years later. Johnny wonders if he was ever saved. What does it mean to receive God’s grace freely, and what does a sincere conversion really entail?

The debate between Free Grace and Lordship Salvation is a significant topic within the realm of soteriology—the study of salvation. These two views represent differing beliefs about the relationship between faith, works, and the nature of salvation. While both camps are committed to the essential Christian doctrines, they have divergent interpretations on how these elements interact. This 3-Part series, “He Saved Me, He Saved Me not: Finding Assurance in the Free Grace - Lordship Salvation Debate” takes a Biblical journey through key areas of the debate, proposing a middle ground solution that shares some affinities with both sides. Here is Part 1:

He Saved Me, He Saved Me Not: Finding Assurance in the Free Grace - Lordship Salvation Debate