Hebrews 10:10 explains sanctification is not progressive, but rather instant, eternal and once for all time through Jesus!

Hebrews 10:10 explains sanctification is not progressive, but rather instant, eternal and once for all time through Jesus!

Mike Ryan

Nope. That verse means that when Christ died it was one death for all people sanctification comes as a person matures in the Lord.

Sam Piazza

Except it doesnt say we are sanctified for all time, but “once” for all time. That once is important because it means we cannot be saved, lose our salvation and then be saved again. Typically both sides of this debate are wrong. One believes that sin sends us to hell. They are wrong. So long as we believe, we are saved. Priod. However the other side believes we cannot lose our salvation. THat is also wrong.We are save so long as we believe. Our sin cannot change that. But if we fall deep enough into sin and our faith becomes so weak that we become convinced it was not ever real to begin with, and we stop believing, we lose our salvation. There is no scripture saying different. But once we do lose our faith, there is then no return. We can only be saved once.

Kenneth J. Schonmeier

What? I beseech you to read further…Hebrews 10:14"For by one offering He has perfected forever those WHO ARE BEING SANCTIFIED."Hebrews 2:11"For both He who sanctifies and those WHO ARE BEING SANCTIFIED are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren…"At the cross we were justified:- INPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS OR DECLARED RIGHTEOUS OR HOLY- ACOMPLISHED FACT.By His grace through the Holy Spirit we are sanctified:- MADE RIGHTEOUS- TRANSFORMED INTO HOLINESS.- CHRIST CHARACTER IS FORMED IN ME.- ONGOING PROCESSJesus died once. That was figured on the altar of sacrifice in the Tabernacle and late Temples of Jerusalem.But we? We must die daily, identifying ourselves with Christ. We must die, so He can live in us…John 12:24"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.“Romans 6:6-7”… knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin."Galatians 2:20"I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."Galatians 6:14"But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."1 Corinthians 15:31"I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I DIE DAILY."John 15:5-6"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.“John 3:30"He must increase, but I must decrease.”

Juan Gonzalez-Ramos

Justified by faith in Jesus for all time. Sanctified in an ongoing process empowered by the Holy Spirit.

Grover Telford

IN JESUS NAME…AMEN

Unsay Ngan

Amen!

Caridad B. Monroe