Here I am! I stand at the door and knock

What a humble God we have, to think that He is all powerful and can do anything that He wishes yet He is the one who waits for His people. He already gave up His only begotten son and died for our sins, but He is not forcing us to accept Him, He is still giving us freedom to choose. Inviting us to have a deep relationship with Him, offering us eternal life with a simple act of believing in Him.

God is so good to us. He gave his only son to save us. God given us everything we need, God never failed us to remind who we are. And what mission we have upon staying here on this land.

Seeking God means seeking refuge, a safe place, a home. God has set before us the choice to obey or disobey, hoping we will choose obedience and giving us reasons and promises that persuade us to that end, but He wants us to make sure that it is our intention, without coercion or brainwashing on His part. It takes a free moral agent, making the right choices, to create the mind of Christ in us. Though He has a good idea how we will choose, God ultimately does not know what we will decide when given the choice. He will do all He can—short of rescinding our freedom to choose—to convince us to choose Him.

It’s a beautiful verse but it begs the question why does He particularly mention wanting to eat with me?

I love the King James Version and in it reads: “I will come in to him and will sup with him and he with me.” In the Jewish culture, so I’m told, eating is a private family matter and if some asks you to sup or dine or have supper with them at home, that means you are trusted, you are a good friend, and you gain a special privilege of getting their inner circle.

I wish I could share a reference or link here (I tried). I can’t exactly recall where I got this explanation. Anyway, I guess there’s still some likeness to this in our modern world. I mean, I would not ask a stranger or just anyone to have dinner with my family, right? And so, letting Christ in and having dinner with Him is enjoying a special relationship with the Savior. I love it. Thank you, Jesus!

1 Like

I was having a hard time analyzing it at first. Thank you so much for your explanation @eestioko! Yes, it is unlikely that a person will allow a stranger to eating with them.