How are you guys doing despite the pandemic?

Hello there, @Bhert! I’m sorry to hear that. I pray for you and your family’s safety and health! Let us not give up on this fight, we are bigger than this problem because the Lord God is with us!

Psalm 46:1-2, 7 “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea; The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.”

Hi Ms. @kianna feeling blessed this pandemic. Yesterday morning I checked on our supply of food and canned goods, I found out that we already need to do some shopping. Then in the afternoon at about 2 pm ration from our barangay came. We received rice, canned goods, and dressed chicken, God’s work is really amazing, when we needed it God did provide.

1 Like

Hello there sir @IamRichardJohn! That is great news! I am happy to know you and the people in your barangay are well and have been given good service! God is good and He will never let us down! He listens to our prayers, we just have to trust His timing! Have a wonderful day, sir! God bless you and always keep safe!

Thank you maam @kianna indeed God’s timing is never delayed nor advanced, it is always on time. He never fails us even though most of the time we are already eaten out by our worries because of the situation that we are currently into, but we are so lucky, our God never gets tired of us. It’s a great feeling of assurance that our supply from God is endless because we have a limitless God.

1 Like

Yes! His love for us is unlike no other!
Romans 5:5
“And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.”
God’s love justifies our lives and fills us with hope for the future.

Yes maam @kianna God’s love is always perfect. No matter how difficult it is to survive during this pandemic, livelihood and businesses are being shut down and it is uncertain how we can bounce back. But it is best to hold on to the unconditional love of God, that He is more than willing to sacrifice anything for our own good. Even ending His own son’s life just to redeem us, in short saving us from this pandemic will not be close as compared to how He sacrificed Jesus. Let us be patient we will come out victorious because of our Father in heaven.

1 Like

Yes indeed sir. This is where faith is tested. You cannot really test faith on simple matters. We will trust in our Lord God and do our part of course. Better days are coming! :blush: :blush:

@kianna honestly im a bit worried about our situation because of this virus. Me and my husband is on furlough. but God reminded me as He promise I will never leave you nor forsake you.
in 3mos of lockdown God is still with us we eat 3x a day ( or more) can pay our bills and we can buy all the things that we need to survive. God is awesome!

1 Like

In times like this, having a savings as well as an emergency fund is the best @Jojoy…I am glad that I am more into saving than spending… and I am thankful to God for the knowledge and wisdom that he has bestowed upon me when it comes to our finances…thank you for keeping me away from temptations Lord…

2 Likes

Hi @kianna
How are you today? Thank you for this because we get to know the different situations people are going through.
Here we are already in general community quarantine where people can already go out. Many places require you to wear a face mask and you won’t get in if you don’t have. The cases are still rising here in our country and I really hope something good happens. Let us all continue praying for one another and let us all keep safe.

1 Like

i totally agree with you @MakkaPakka ; you sounded like my mother :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: , You and her are the examples of Proverbs 31 woman :smiley: “A WISE WOMAN”
My mom encourage me to save ,open a bank account and don’t let my wallet emptied, she told me to take advantage the opportunity of “saving” while earning. So in this situation one of our Filipino Sayings is correct "Kapag may isinuksok may madudukot " ( if you save money, when in need you can use it) im really impress with my mother and also with you “You can think a head of time” i think that’s one of the super powers of a mother.

1 Like

Hi @Jojoy! God bless you and your husband.

Indeed God is awesome, despite the challenges we face, He still guides and protects us. It is such a blessing to be able to buy our needs and eat 3 or more times a day. I admire your grateful attitude even at times like this. Keep safe you guys!

1 Like

I agree with you @MakkaPakka! That is why it is very important to save money on the side for emergencies. This pandemic has been a shocker to all of us. People lost their jobs or are unable to go to work. Having money for situations like this is a plus. God bless you and keep safe!

Hello, @hbbm14. I am doing well, thank you. Yes, I know everyone is busy and some may be struggling or are dealing with a lot of problems so it is very nice to check on them. Face masks are indeed a must, not just for our own protection but also for the people we will meet along the way. I do hope all of these will soon come to an end. Prayers are our best weapons in times like this. A lot of issues have been rising and people are mad and confused. We need the Lord God more than ever. God bless you and keep safe!!

1 Like

I am fond of saving @Jojoy because we are pure Ilocano and Ilocano’s are well-known for being “kuripot” haha…kidding aside…I am not a rich-kid…I grew up to a family wherein, if you want to buy something for yourself you have to save for it until you can buy it…so I am glad that I learned to save while I am young, and that I am prepared as always to any crisis that might occur…

1 Like

True dear @kianna…it is ‘a must’ to save for emergency use as alway because we do not know what lies ahead… we have to be prepared as always…When this pandemic arise, everybody was unprepared and everyone panicked…a good lesson to ponder about is the fable of the ant and grasshopper…its about the art of saving for rainy days…

1 Like

@MakkaPakka that actually also a good thing, hehe you could share this wisdom to your kids/family what you also shared to me. Just what Proverbs 6:6-8
Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise. Without having any chief, officer, or ruler, she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest. Ants teach us to be industrious, save and be happy ( use what you’ve save for your happiness and security-- not to worry for tomorrow

True, that is why I urged my parents to at least save some of the money we have for emergencies because when the pandemic came and the prices went up, masks are needed, alcohol, etc. we did not have enough money for that. It is really a necessity to have emergency funds.

@Jojoy: I really do like that fable…I was 6 years old when my mom told me that story…Jist like the ant, we should also save for rainy days because we really do jot know what comes next…so much better if we can prepare ahead, rather than cringing when the situation arises…

1 Like

It is really “a must have” dear @kianna…I really do encourage my friends too and fellow momshies…sometimes I slowly hoard to items that are on sale and stock up especially our necessities…As of today, I am slowly hoarding to canned goods, noodles, rice etc.,because there might be second wave of covid19 here as our premier might open the borders…good thing upon having emergency fund is, you can easily buy essential things without worrying of losing funds…that is why, “save for rainy days”

1 Like