How can I feel love of God in the moment of despairing?

How can I feel love of God in the moment of despairing?

Ephesians 5:18-19 New International Version (NIV)
18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord,

1 Like

@DavidWhite - very good question!

Often I have heard of missionaries in the field who are persecuted, jailed, or lined up for death say that they despair and feel left by God. YET…they rely on their faith in Him who is Righteous! So, remind yourself of Romans 8:38-39! And KNOW that you are not saved by your feelings or lack of feelings! You are saved by repentance and faith in Jesus Christ who died for your sins on the cross that you will have eternal life!

Romans 8:38-39 English Standard Version (ESV)
38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Likes

18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully

More details:
Ephesians 3 (NLT)
Paul’s Prayer for Spiritual Growth
14 When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father,[e] 15 the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.[f] 16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. 21 Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.

2 Likes

Amen!

Its simple just Believe the truth which says in
Rom 5:5
And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Believe and experience

1 Like

Read some Bible verses as the above referred, pray to God about this, and also talk to some Christians who have deep faith, maybe you would be enlightened.

1 Like

Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. We must pray to God in despair. God will surely answer.

1 Like

Amen!

just hold on a little bit, Then you can pray to God, you can receive grace. Then you can recover your relatinship with God.

1 Like

Reach out to some of your friends and let them know you are despared…I believe God will refresh you heart by talking to them.

1 Like