How Can I Love People Who Seem Unlovable?

I know God wants us to love everyone, even people that aren’t very loveable. But I just can’t bring myself to love some of the people I have to deal with at work, no matter how hard I try. In fact, I’ve just stopped trying.

Understand why they act the way they do by considering their background and life experiences. Sadly, negative events or the way a person was raised can shape people negatively. Like the old saying goes, you can’t really understand someone fully until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes. Also keep in mind that all human beings are fallible, and we all have our own weaknesses or faults.

1 Like

Pray first. When we sincerely pray for someone, we begin to have a heart for that person, a true concern for their well-being and a desire for their highest good. It may be difficult, at first, to pray for a mean or unlovable person.

1 Like

Look at people through God’s eyes, and see the person God created and God’s image inside him, rather than the hardened person they have become.

1 Like

Amen. love them with God’s love.

This is indeed not easy. It is indeed difficult to love those who are not cute.
I think that when we understand that we are also sinners, we are not how cute. But God loved us and accepted ourself. In the Lord’s full acceptance and love, there will be strength to accept and love the unloving ones.