How can I tell I'm leading a righteous life?

How can I tell I’m leading a righteous life?

Basically for me, if you have an intimacy with the Lord You will be able to really walk in the path of His righteousness and holiness.

For blessed are the pure heart, for they will see God.
Intimacy requires pure heart. A heart that is fully surrender to the Lord and totally dependent unto Him.

Having said that, it will be natural or organic that you are leading or living in a righteous life because what will really matters to you is to Love and please God. And to love Him means to abide in Him. And to please Him means to live by faith or trusting Him in everything.

In view of the above, let’s also know what does righteous means. It is something attributed to God that being inputted to us through the finish work of Jesus Christ as what 1 Peter 2:24-25
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

Basically righteousness is being or having a right standing with God.

You can tell that you are on that path when you naturally live to love God. The key is intimacy. It should be organic and there’s no hustle or any feeling of condemnation and guilt.

@Katefcc, there’s no better way to know if we are leading a righteous life than to read God’s Word and meditate on it. Since we are followers of Jesus, we now see the Bible as the standard for living. It also becomes a mirror in which we can examine ourselves. We can tell if we’re drifting away from God and His righteousness if our actions are contrary to His Word.
More importantly, we should constantly pray and ask the Holy Spirit to convict us of any wrongdoings. Here’s a verse for you…

Psalm 139:23-24 New International Reader’s Version (NIRV)
God, see what is in my heart. Know what is there. Test me. Know what I’m thinking.
See if there’s anything in my life you don’t like. Help me live in the way that is always right.

God bless you. :hugs::two_hearts:

Hi @Katefcc I truly agree with @Kei. Fillow God’s words and apply it to your daily life. Reading His words will be nothing if you do not follow it. His words will be your daily guide as you face challenges in life. Let God help you and guide you to the right decisions.

1 Like