How can we have forgiveness power in our daily life?

How can we have forgiveness power in our daily life?

This is very difficult. When we connect with God, we can forgive other people.

Forgiveness Leads to Freedom
Even if we forgive in sheer obedience to the Lord, we’ll experience amazing power and freedom when we do. Bitterness is mental prison. Just this summer, I knew I hadn’t totally let go of an offense by a co-worker. I wasn’t resentful per say, but I sure didn’t go out of my way to chat, or show kindness like I used to. I became less of a “light” at work, and it frankly squelched my spirit. There is so much weight, stress and exhaustion involved when you hold on to unforgiveness. Grudges weigh us down, deplete our energy, and it gives the person or circumstances control that shouldn’t exist in our lives. Forgiveness says to the offender,” I’m beyond your reach.” After becoming better at forgiving we actually learn to pity and have compassion for who offend us. And when you really attain Christlikeness you’ll pray for them. Can’t say I’m quite there most times, but when I start praying for the loons that cut me off in traffic, then I’ll know I’m there. Forgive whatever’s holding you back. Hold a ceremony if you need to. Give it to God, and then never look back. If you still haven’t made peace with a person, or circumstance, the only option is to forgive. Jesus forgave the very men nailing him to the cross, and I think there’s a reason that detail remained in God’s Word. He knows the damage unforgiveness can bring, and he wants the world to see his power and mercy when we do let go, and forgive.

New Living Translation
Matthew 6:14
"If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you.

What is forgiveness and why do I need it?
The word “forgive” means to wipe the slate clean, to pardon, to cancel a debt. When we wrong someone, we seek their forgiveness in order for the relationship to be restored. Forgiveness is not granted because a person deserves to be forgiven. No one deserves to be forgiven. Forgiveness is an act of love, mercy, and grace. Forgiveness is a decision to not hold something against another person, despite what they have done to you.

The Bible tells us that we are all in need of forgiveness from God. We have all committed sin. Ecclesiastes 7:20 proclaims, “There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.” 1 John 1:8 says, “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.” All sin is ultimately an act of rebellion against God (Psalm 51:4). As a result, we desperately need God’s forgiveness. If our sins are not forgiven, we will spend eternity suffering the consequences of our sins (Matthew 25:46; John 3:36).

We should mediate Jesus’ forgiveness for us usually.

I also would like to have the power of forgiveness. I prayed a lot for that. I think first I need to always close to God and live in his grace, second I need to know I am a sinner and God forgave me through the blood of Jesus Christ. Thirdly when I just focus on God, love God more, believe his righteous, I could overcome the pain. Fourth, when I am offended and got hurt, if I go to pray first, I could be able to calm down and forgive.

If we know how God forgive us we will have power to forgive others.

We cannot stop people hurting us, but we can stop the darkness of hate coming to our hearts. We do not allow any type of hatred to come into our hearts, so we learn to give everything to God as He is the judge.