How can we identify the true and the false prophet?

As Christians how can we identify the true Prophet and the false prophet?

The Word of God which is Eternal truth to discern the spirit, when we are filled with the Holy Spirit who is the Spirit of truth we know who is true and who is false prophets

"THE best way to identify a true prophet would be to use the Word of God alone to do so. The fact is, if a prophet is sent by the God who wrote the Bible, then common sense would be to identify a true prophet by God’s Word… And don’t forget these most important verses concerning prophets and the last days:

“But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:” Acts 2:16-18.

Deuteronomy18:21-22 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

I think it’s a way of differentiating

1 Like

The Spirit of truth who lives in us will teach us who is true and who is fake

we can see if they follow Jesus, If they deny Jesus Chrsit, they are wrong.

We should know the Word of God very well; and use the truth to distinguish.

1 Like

Through their fruits. Check out Matthew 7:15-20

1 Like

Matthew 7:15-20
Ezekiel 13:9
Jeremiah 23:16
Luke 6:26
Matthew 24:24
Matthew 16:11-12
2 Timothy 4:3-4
Acts 20:28-30
2 Peter 3:14-18
1 John 4:1-6
2 Peter 1:12-21
Titus 1:6-16
2 Peter 2
Matthew 23:1-29

These are all about this topic of true and false prophets.
Great question!

1 Like

Thank you

Thank you all :hearts: