How can we interest our heart in Old Testament?

How can we interest our heart in Old Testament?

I think if there are some pictures or cartoons about the stories and scenes in Old Testament, that would arouse our interest and help us read it.

Christ enabled the disciples to understand not merely the implications of a few passages of the Old Testament, but “the Scriptures”—the whole Old Testament. What do these Scriptures really say? Christ introduces his explanation with the words, “This is what is written.” That is, he promises to give them the substance and heart of what is written in the Old Testament. What he says next contains his answer: “The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.”

The whole Old Testament finds its focus in Jesus Christ, his death, and his resurrection. The Apostle Paul says the same thing in different words: “For no matter how many promises God has made, they are Yes’ in Christ. And so through him the Amen’ is spoken by us to the glory of God” (2 Cor. 1:20). “These things [in the Old Testament] happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come” (1 Cor. 10:11). Jesus says, “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished” (Matt. 5:17–18).

1 Like

Old testament is like Base and the new testament is like building, If the base is strong the we can build amazing building, for instance Apo. Paul was so thorough in Old Testament so when he encounter with Jesus he had the better understanding of the gospel

In my case, have bible study was the best way. After bible study, I could understand better and like to read Old Testament.

Thank you for sharing, it is very useful

I didn’t really like reading the old testament until I read rhe Holy Bible from the Gen to the Rev four times before I fell in love with it.Because through repeated reading, I finally found its charm.And I found in the old testament that there was no less love of God hidden in it than in the new testament.I fell in love with the old testament through repeated perusal and reference books.You can try .