How can we know God's calling on our jobs?

How can we know God’s calling on our jobs?

1 Like

Regarding the job, which kind we should do is already revealed in bible that is the general revelation when we meditate and go through that we will get the specific revelation exactly which job we should do.

1 Like

I think no matter what kind of position, we need to try our best with the fearful heart. Like Joseph, no matter what he do, he do it honestly.

1 Like

A professor once told us about this topic, that is, how can we know: what is the job that God calls us to do?He said three points: first, what kind of things do you like to do from childhood to adulthood, and you have a special talent in this area.Be aware of this because it may be a call from God in your life.For example, some people have been interested in medicine since childhood, and they can easily receive knowledge of this field, which is very talented.Then it is quite possible that this is God’s call to him to be a doctor;Second, what kind of thins people tell you that you do well, and the better you do it, the better it benefits them.Sometimes we don’t know what we can do well and what we can’t do well, but people around us can help us find out clearly.If there is something that only you can do well, people will give you this feedback over and over again. And the better you do it, the more people will benefit from it.So it’s possible that this job or this position is God’s call for you;Third, if you have neither the gift nor the evaluation from others, then you can learn a skill.To serve God with one skill, and do it with our whole heart, then it is something that pleases God.

1 Like

we can pray for God, and make sure. i still have this problem, and i pray now. i hope i can make sure.

1 Like

I think that if your have a heart to serve God first, this thing is not hard to know.

1 Like

I think you Will know if your Job is Gods calling when you are happy in your career.
Because its Gods Plan i believe that. He show me the way, Lead me on my plans and progress in life.
We must see this Job as blessing from Him. We will not be in place because of his grace.

I’ve read a blog about this before. I’m trying to find it right now but I can’t. In that blog, it says that you will know that it’s God calling when the work that you are doing is aligned with your passion. I read that in the time when I have not yet passed the board exam and I do not know what I want to do with my life. I was discouraged in being a nurse because I failed the exam three times. I am the type of person who over analyzes things. I have a lot in my mind that time, I thought that maybe nursing is not for me and that I should shift to another course already. I even tried to apply for psychology because that is what I wanted to take before my mom pushed me to go with nursing. But anyway, when I read that blog I began to reflect about what my passion is. I realized that my passion is taking care of people, attending to their needs. It gives me fulfillment whenever I see my patients thankful. So, I risk for the very last time and took the board exam, surrendering everything to God. And fortunately, I passed! I am working as a nurse for 4 years already. My heart is full every time I see them especially when they give me their smiles whenever I come to their room. Know what your passion is, then you will know. :wink:

1 Like

For me I came to learn that God never shows us something we aren’t ready to understand. Instead, He lets us see what we need to see, when we need to see it. He’ll wait until our eyes and hearts are open to Him, and then when we’re ready, He will plant our feet on the path that’s best for us…but it’s up to us to do the walking.

That is very beautiful, @kbadum! God bless you. You deserve that! I really admire people whose passion is to help cure the sick, it warms my heart seeing people serve them. More power to you!!

For me, I have not yet finished my studies but based on my experiences working, I have found out that I love to share people my wisdom and knowledge regarding certain things. I love helping people with their problems. I know how hard it is not having someone at times when you badly need someone. Hopefully soon, I will be able to do that in the future as I go on with my life.