How can you love yourself more today?

How can you love yourself more today?

1 Like

Accepting my flaws, accepting the fact that it is okay that I do not have everything that others have. No one is perfect. We are all unique in every way. Other people’s thoughts about me do not define me. I make my own self’s definition. The Lord God is with me. I conquer all things with Him by my side.

2 Likes

Hi ! @Valerie
I’m loving myself more by simply stopping me from comparing myself to others. I have learned to appreciate my skin, my body, the way I am, and everything that comes with it. I’m not saying that i’ve perfected it, but, knowing that God has given me all of these things, then, I know it suits me very well. Still, I am working on my bad character, becoming more nice and welcoming. These things too is what I love about me, I’m learning outgrow them one by one and be more confident.

1 Like

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love (John 15:9)
As we abide in Christ’s love, we must accept the love he has given to us and love ourselves as He had loved us. I agree with everyone that we must start by accepting our flaws for no human were created perfectly, we are bound to make mistakes and images that don’t fit our liking. There are a lot of feelings that make us not love ourselves but we must diminish these feelings for it doesn’t define who we are.

1 Like

To Love yourself. Be brave and learned from your mistakes. Loving yourself is one of the greatest gift you will ever had. Respect yourself. I remember the song of Selena Gomez “Who Says”
i think it will help you as well, listen to this song.

Who says
Who says you’re not perfect
Who says you’re not worth it
Who says you’re the only one that’s hurting
Trust me
That’s the price of beauty
Who says you’re not pretty
Who says you’re not beautiful
Who says

Hello, dear @Valerie
I like this thread, it shows some things that people themselves feel they need at the time. It works great, because we sometimes don’t get the courage to accept what’s wrong, but by giving an advice we can say it and take it for us too!
Today to love yourself more, I think you should have the determination to start (or continue) that thing you wanted to do, that project you left, that important something you really hoped to accomplish, now it’s the time!
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

We are always told to love ourselves before loving others. To be honest, until now this is my struggle. I tend to love others before myself that I end up hurting and losing sight of my worth as a woman of God. So right now, what I do is consistently looking at myself through the eyes of God. I pray every day lifting myself up to Him, surrendering myself to His will. I know that as I love God more, then will I be able to love myself better.

Hello @Valerie Love yourself. Enough to take the actions required for your happiness. Enough to cut yourself loose from the drama-filled past. Enough to set a high standard for relationships. Enough to feed your mind and body in a healthy manner. Enough to forgive yourself. Enough to move on and Be gentle with yourself, learn to love yourself, to forgive yourself, learn to love yourself, to forgive yourself, for only as we have the right attitude toward ourselves can we have the right attitude