How do I deal with someone explaining scriptures incorrectly?

Do you confront it? Do you set up a meeting?

I encountered a lot of people explaining scriptures incorrectly, and I just ignored them and respect their own understanding. As the saying goes " Do not correct a fool, or he will hate you; correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you". After all, your own understanding is more valuable in God.

The word of God states that in the presence of two witness a matter shall be solved. Whenever you find yourself in such a situation, you don’t have to confront it rather ought to use the word of God to settle facts straight. On the same note, part of the reason most people end up making wrong judgement is because they fail to acknowledge the kind of contest when a given scripture was written, why was it written? and to whom this was addressed to. Understanding this is able to pick the word of God from the scriptures. This is because we not only hear of God speaking to man but also hear the devil speaking to Jesus as recorded in the scriptures. Quoting such a scripture doesn’t qualify to represent the word of God.