How do I know if I have the Holy Spirit?

According to Ephesians 1: 13-14, When a person receives salvation he is sealed with the promised Holy Spirit. The presence of Holy Spirit is cardinal in Christian Life. There are many churches that attempt to explain the Holy Spirit and His presence in various ways. Some are acceptable and some are not.

What according to you is “the presence of Holy Spirit”? How can a person know that if he/she has the Holy Spirit in their everyday Christian life and what are the biblical foundations for your belief?

I feel that your sincere greeting of Jesus as your savior is the result and proof of the holy spirit’s work in your heart

you want to like Jesus Christ more, and want to serve more.

1 Like

Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit. I know that through Jesus’s Love.

I feel my heart warm when I pray. And the cold heart melts and tears come out. Through these experiences of faith.

Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth. And what is Truth? The truth among all truths is the truth of love. And what is the truth of love? We could stop here and think for a while. Do I know what is love? Do I know what is true love? Be honest, know a little. Nowadays it is not difficult to speak out I love you. The world is full of the word Love. Then what is truth? What is true Love?

It’s like a revelation. The bible is the revelation of truth. It needs meditation. I believe the one Holy Spirit with him/her is the one continuously meditate the core truth of all truths: the cross and the resurrection of Jesus.

When Holy Spirit is with the person, he/she will be filled with hope and joy and peace. In his/her life, you will see change. It not means there is no suffering, no challenge and no pain. There is something inside to overcome the reality.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for sharing your view. It helps!

1 Like

Matthew 3: 11 “I baptize you with[b] water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with[c] the Holy Spirit and fire.
John 3: 5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

1 Like

Actually it is summed up here:

John 17:17 New International Version (NIV)
17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

The only Truth with a capital “T” is from God’s Word.