How do you choose your battles?

How do you choose your battles ?

Well for me, I only fight about issues that are truly important and I do not react immediately to certain situations until it will sink in into my senses. And I choose to fight the battle in the right time, wherein I already gain my strength and when I already formulated a strategy to resolve it more quicker.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts @MakkaPakka

It depends on the battle. If we will look at it from a practical perspectice, I will follow what Jesus Christ said in one of His parables about the cost of discipleship.

Luke 14:31 Or what king, going out to encounter another king in war, will not sit down first and deliberate whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand?
Luke 14:32 And if not, while the other is yet a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks for terms of peace.

In this case, I have to determine if that battle can be won and at what cost. I also have to consider if there is an alternative.

However, as Christians, there are battles that are unavoidable and we don’t have choice but to just fight and pray that God will help us.

2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

I choose my battle based on the values of God wherein I set my heart on it which is in Matthew 6:25-34.

Values of my relationship with God and other people.

Example I would rather loose in an argument and still win or kept my relationship with my sister in case there’s any debate happening. Because I value relationship.

I also used this as my guiding question - Does it honor God and make disciples?

At the end of the day, I still need to ask God if I will fight the battle? Like David, he asked God first if He will pursue his enemies in 1 Samuel 30:8.
And also remembering King Jehoshapath battlle against Moab and Ammon in Chronicles 20.

Basically for me, NO WORD, NO GO!