How do you control your temper?

How do you control your temper? When all else is a blur to you and all you think are negative thoughts. It really is suffocating. My whole mind is just filled with anger.

Before bursting out your anger, try to inhale and exhale 10x…it would make you feel calmer…or you could shout if you want, but avoid yelling directly to the person coz you might say something that is not good that will make you regret after.

1 Like

Hi Kianna, I’m sorry to hear this! There’s no way you can control your anger. It’s natural to feel angry for something that has offended you. But you can control how you react to your temper. People give in to anger because it’s easier.
I know that for me to achieve a peace of mind from the anger that poisons me, I have to choose a hard choice: walk away from what angers me even for a while. Crying alone has been my coping mechanism because more than being angry, that storm temper actually makes me more sad. And I take that opportunity to pray to God that He grant me strength to let go whatever bad thoughts I’ll be having, 'cause I know that all bad actions start with bad thoughts.

“Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end.” -Proverbs 29:11

1 Like

Thank you, @MakkaPakka, Yep, I tried inhaling and exhaling several times for an hour I guess? I tried my very best not to burst out and say negative things. And it sure worked! Yes, the first few minutes of just inhaling and exhaling was a bit hard but after a while of thinking about the situation, it made me calm. I resolved the issues I had with the person and all went well. Thank you so much! God bless you and always keep safe!

1 Like

Hi, @Apr. Same, I usually cry alone because I get really hurt easily. But, I haven’t cried hard for a while now. I just do breathing exercises and try to rethink the situation. Thank you, God bless and keep safe!

Hello, dear @kianna,
Everybody deals with it in their own way, and it varies on degree between each different people. For me what it works is, obviously when I realize that I’m bursting or I’m about to, is just to stop talking close my eyes and putting my mind on blank. This works for me because to erase the anger (at least for the moment), after I try to talk with the person again, but if I consider that the anger has come again too soon I just stop the conversation and try to resolve the issue later, as I know I wouldn’t be able to keep total control.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

1 Like

Thank you for that, @Luis_Ruiz. Yeah, that surely helps. Our negative words brought by anger will not solve the problem, it will only make it worse. Keep safe and God bless you!