How do you cope with dissapointments in your life?

Hi guys! How do you cope with disappointment? Like, if someone keeps on disappointing you? Do you leave?

If you are dealing with a disappointment right now, remember that you can rely on God. When we recognize God’s goodness, even in our disappointment, we really begin to know God

1 Like

Ask for wisdom and what the Lord teaches you in this season. Pray about it that the Lord will direct you what you need to do or where you need to go so you can move forward.

1 Like

Thank you so much @barpat! May God bless you! :yellow_heart:

Hi, @KrisTefDayaras! Yes, thank you so much for that! May God bless you :yellow_heart:

First things first, who/what are you disappointed to? I used to be disappointed with my husband but I do not leave. I just locked up myself in the other room and pray to overcome it.

According to the book I read, if you are disappointed to someone; his/her actions is a mirror of yourself. Therefore, I’ll better be quiet and reflect for myself than arguing to someone.

For me, disappointment is one of life’s most uncomfortable feelings. It’s complex, containing a subset of other emotions like anger, hurt, sadness, and probably many others too subtle to identify.

Sometimes, those emotions by themselves are easier to deal with, but disappointment can leave me at a loose end.

I might not be sure whether I should feel angry, or just impatiently wish that I would hurry up and get over it. Disappointment can hover at the front of your mind and niggle at the back, bringing you a grey perspective on life, even if you’re trying to forget about it.