How do you forgive yourself?

How do you forgive yourself? I’m pretty much sure we’ve all regret something from our past, and that it really bothered us. At times when you feel like it’s hard to forgive yourself, what would/did you do?

There are really times that we experience having a “stone heart”. It actually occurs when we are deeply wounded and we cannot forgive easily the person who hurt us, as well as forgive ourself for feeling angry. For me, it really takes time to heal and a lot of days to self pity. But, once you repeatedly pray for God’s guidance and help; you’ll eventually heal deep inside. And if this happens, its so easy to forgive someone too.

1 Like

Yes! God will surely heal our hearts, minds, and souls. Forgiving one’s self is such a challenge to me, I don’t know why. Maybe I just put too much pressure on myself. I always let people hurt me. They can’t hurt me unless I allow them, I guess I always do. And it just really sucks. I keep on disappointing myself. I really pray to the Lord that soon I’ll overcome this chapter in my life.

@kianna We’ve all done things we’re not proud of. It’s tough to forgive yourself, and you may think your friends and family would never forgive you either if they knew half of what you do. The biggest obstacle to self-forgiveness is our tendency to wallow in our own guilt it’s helpful to remember that we’re all doing the best we can in any moment. Just learn to retain what you learned from the event but release everything else.

1 Like

It took me years to forgive my sister too. I always think of her rants about me. For how many months that I keep on crying and I develop depression and anxiety. Until one day I decided to let it go and move on. I find it hard to do it at first, but I ask God’s guidance along the way.

1 Like

Thank you so much, @Valerie. God bless you and keep safe. Yeah, sometimes I get carried away in my emotions, I really feel bad about myself that sometimes, I forget about the good things that I have done.

I am happy you decided to bring peace into your heart and mind @MakkaPakka.