How do you persuade an atheist into believing God?

My brother does not believe in the Lord, I am afraid that he just got influenced by his peers because they too speak badly about it. He was not like this before. I do not know how to deal with this.

People who are close minded dear @kianna are really hard to please…we can’t do anything about it but to pray, that one day he can realize the goodness of the Lord…it might be a peer pressure but let us just include them in our prayers…

1 Like

Hello, dear @kianna
It sounds like your brother is very influenced… Is he young? Or why he could have chanted so sudden? His faith was challenged already if he started being an atheist because someone told him to. I think you must pray a lot, ask God for advice and signals on how to proceed. In my own opinion, you must be patient, if the change was recent he is probably to consumed by it, and if it was a long time ago he could have lost his faith, you must try to show him the benefits of keeping his faith intact, and show him how you can have friends or peer without getting rid of your beliefs.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

1 Like

I strongly believe that our action speaks louder than our words, this means you don’t need to persuade your brother into believing in God. What you need to do is to live your life the way God wants you to live. Let your brother see that Jesus is in your heart. Love your brother even more now that he is an atheist, let him discover for himself where this love came from. But most importantly Ms. @kianna pray for your brother, entrust him to the Lord allow him to go to the process of knowing God personally.

2 Likes

Indeed it is hard to persuade someone who does not want to be persuaded. Thank you so much, @MakkaPakka. God bless you!

Yes, he is still fifteen. I just got very shocked because he used to sing a lot of worship songs with me and my sister. He even memorized a lot of songs from Hillsong. But then, when we started to have a bible study a few months ago as a family, he opened up and told us he does not believe in such. I am just worried because I don’t know what’s going on in his life why he started believing in such other things, he is very quiet about it and gets mad whenever I try to bring it up.

1 Like

Yes, I agree with you sir @IamRichardJohn. Thank you so so much for that! God bless you

Hello, dear @kianna
Be patient, at the end of the day he is just a kid. It can be a phase, everybody goes through that when growing. You need to try to keep inviting him, to keep talking to him, while he has this let’s say “faith crisis”, to me he’s just being in mature… And well that’s normal. I had that phase as a teenager too, I grow it out of me and rose up with much more faith within me. My advice is to keep showing him the values and virtues of faith and the love of God, without pressing him, but try to watch out of those friends, try to get to know them. Happy fathers day to the fathers of your family by the way!

1 Like

Thank you so much for that @Luis_Ruiz God bless you!

1 Like

Hello, dear @kianna
Amen to that! I sincerely hope your brother overcomes this crisis of faith, just remember to try to be by his side, friends come and go but family is always constant! And even though he is a teenager and is on his phase, as family we must keep giving love and guidance. Another advice you can do is show him this forum!

1 Like

Indeed! With God’s help and guidance, I will guide him on the right path. Maybe he is just lost and confused. I know God has plans for us all, I will trust that. Thank you so much, @Luis_Ruiz! God bless you sir and keep safe!

1 Like

No worries dear @kianna…just keep encouraging him even if he doesn’t want to listen…I do have faith crisis before when I was college, but it didn’t last long because God always shows me a lot of miracles…I encounter peer pressure too especially when we have a monthly mass in school and then my classmates will gonna tell me to skip attending it and went to the mall…

1 Like

Yes, I surely will @MakkaPakka, thank you so much! God bless you

We cannot persuade an atheist into believing God. The best thing we can do aside from praying is to continuously shine God’s light towards them through love. Our aura is totally different when we have God in our hearts. It’s like a magnet that draws people to us. Just love like Jesus.

1 Like

Talking about Christianity with an atheist can be a difficult experience. Some atheists are deeply opposed to religion, some find it uninteresting, and others respect it as a different lifestyle. If you want to talk about religion with an atheist, it’s important to choose your words and actions with care and compassion. While you may be unable to persuade them, it’s possible that you could show them a side of Christianity they’ve never experienced.

Thank you so much, @kbadum! God bless yoou and of course, always keep safe!