How do you react to problems?

Try to think of a current problem now and then look at the bigger picture of life. Ask yourself: Will this problem matter 20 years from now?

Think positive. Don’t let negativity invade your chamber. Fight the bad ambiance in your life. Fight the darkness and keep the light in your side. Be strong. All problems have solutions. As long as God will always be with you. Pray and ask for guidance and he will come and embrace you with all his heart.

There is nothing at all Christian about “negativity” and “positivity”.

Try reading the Gospel of John. That clarifies this much better than I can.

When the church was its infancy, it already encountered a lot of problems. One of those early problems that the church in Jerusalem encountered was recorded in the book of Acts.

Act 6:1 And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.
Act 6:2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.
Act 6:3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
Act 6:4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.

So in this scenario we can see some steps that the Apostles took to solve this problem.

1. Recognize that there is a problem.
  2. Find the root cause of the problem.
  3. Find a solution, or find a person/s that can solve that problem.
  4. Continue in prayer.

We will encounter problems in our lives, however, God equipped us and gave us strength to face and resolve those problems.

@yevillanueva: Thanks for your very wonderful thoughts. Its true, when we encounter a problem we should ask God’s guidance and help to overcome it. We should always seek him and thy will be done.

Hi ! @MakkaPakka
Definitely not anymore. As we grow older, we also grow wiser and so we realize that the problems we face now are not gonna be a big of an issue im the future. When look back we’ll realize that we wasted some energy on a petty thing, but, I am not disregarding the emotions we felt during those times. We react according on what we think is right towards the situation. People change, and so our character too.
I hope for most of us that we’ll be more cautious and choose our battles wisely. It may be hard for us for now, but think about this : is it really worth your time and energy to fight on ?

For me, it wouldn’t matter, perhaps right now our problems will make or break us, however in the long run, we will come across a lot more obstacles in life that will truly teach us valuable lessons as we grow older. God will not allow any problems in our life that he knows we cannot handle, so be brave!

Hi @Jedidiah: You are correct, we should choose which battles to pursue or would it be worth of our time and effort. Sometimes we always react easily in a problem, and regret later on why we became angry and able to speak harsh words to someone. So the best way is, control our temper as much as we can in order to avoid problems.

@iona090: True! Each of us has its own battles to fight. These battles makes us learn a lesson in order to make us brave in return. So everytime problems arise, we will just gonna say “Okay Lord, bring it on coz I have you at my back”…:blush:

1 Like

As a person, I admit I’m an emotional one but I know I won’t solve a problem by crying. But I need to cry as it has been my form of release to get my mind clear and focus again on the problem at hand. So yes, crying is a reaction of mine to problems. It does suck having to cry but I can’t help it. At the same time, I combine my solution-seeking actions with a prayer to God to give me the strength to endure these problems even if it makes me cry. The more important thing is to get over these challenges with good results in the end.

“Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

• Philippians 4:6
1 Like

Hi there @Apr! Crying is my form of releasing my problems too. I consider myself weak everytime I encounter a problem because, I keep on crying until I have no more tears to drop and I seek the Lord for answers, while I formulate my own solution too.

I try to rethink the situation. Instead of panicking and crying for hours, I would breathe deeply and ask God for guidance. I know I cannot do this alone. I need the Lord God’s guidance as I go through with my problems. So I just close my eyes and pray. I cannot think straight if I am on an unstable mind. When I am now calm, I try to assess my problem and think of solutions. If I cannot handle it, I ask for help.

@kianna: sometimes that’s why we are so easily affected with the problem it is because we make an abrupt conclusion without knowing the facts. We easily react too much oftentimes too. It usually happens with me all the time, but then I am glad that nowadays I am easily managing my reactions well to avoid more conflict. And maybe I am mature now compared before.

1 Like

Hi there, @MakkaPakka. Yep, it is true, we make our own assumptions and think it is somehow true which is bad. Anyways, that is good to know. I am still in the process of getting there and not get my emotions the worst of me. God bless you!

@kianna: You’ll probably get there too…Let’s just remain calm and considerate most of the time. God bless you too…

1 Like

@MakkaPakka
This Covid-19 pandemic which we are facing nowadays bothering me the most. Our life in this time where we are being told to stay out of crowds and generally avoid each other. I am starting to feel worried that this will become our new normal world. I fear the day that my children will be marching towards this new world which is a clear manifestation of our actions which we are reaping its effect. Though there is fear and uncertainty, I had found hope through GOD who give me courage to carry on and strive to make this world a sustainable to live in, because I’m holding on to his promise to me and you in the Bible Verse Luke 1:37 : For nothing will be impossible with God.

Hi @bhert, I do understand your thoughts but we should remember God’s word that says: “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” ~ Joshua 1:9…This too shall pass, and this pandemic will not last forever…Have faith. :blush:

1 Like

I always believe that God has purpose every time I encounter problems. I always talk to him in silence. I know He always listen. I strongly believe that He can turn loneliness and hardships into solitude. Well, as a human, I always cry to release all the emotions but I always find courage to stand up and fight.

It depends on how heavy the problem is. But I always take time to be alone and breathe. I am an overthinker so ‘me time’ really helps. Sometimes I also sing worship songs because I believe that when we sing our hearts out, it sends out messages to God, the subconscious prayers that we’re unable to tell tell Him.

@Jean : I agree! Everything that we encounter wether good or bad, has its purpose: either to teach us a lesson or learn from them. So if ever God gives us a problem or let us experience it, let’s just accept it with arms wide open and say “I am ready Lord, please help and guide me all throughout the way”. Our God is merciful, we just have to hold on unto him. :wink: