How do you think Jesus Christ wants His followers to remember His death and suffering?

Easter is coming and due to the crisis, it might not be celebrated how people used to. I guess it’s time for people to consider how Christ actually wants us to remember His death on the cross. Let’s turn to our bible and find out.

I think through his love. Jesus were died because of his unconditional love for us. He doesn’t want us to be suffered, so for that reason he sacrifices himself and be a hero for us. Jesus is our hero we should remember his death as his love for us. He offered his life for his love to humanity. No matter how imperfect we are still he forgive us.

In terms of act of tradition is through the communion in which was held during the passover Jesus asked his disciple to remember his sacrifices and deeds by breaking bread and through drinking wine that symbolizes His body and blood.

Luke 22:19-20
“And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.”

1 Like