How to be like jesus christ in this pandemic situation?

How to be like jesus christ in this pandemic situation?

1 Like

Hello, dear @arrol
Welcome to this community! I hope you feel good whes posting and participating on here.
During these times it’s hard to know how to act properly, or to know how would Jesus act or be if he where here.
My only guess to be like Jesus is simple, as one of many things Jesus is for us, is an example. An example of love, sacrifice, power, perseverance, following and wisdom.
So let’s be like Jesus in those ways, let’s be an example, let’s follow the quarantine rules until it’s safe, let’s help those we can when we can, let’s keep living and fighting against this virus, and let’s keep praying. This are the ways we have to be like him, and the ways we have to keep on living.
I am certain that we will be victorious on this fight, with the help of the Lord and by being like Jesus.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

2 Likes

Welcome to this community @arrol! Hope you’ll have a good time expressing your thoughts here… Well, to be like Jesus Christ we must remember this “God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, that whoever believes in Him shall not die, but have eternal life” (John 3:16). We must share our love to everyone by respecting our frontliners in this kind of situation, for like Jesus they also sacrifice themselves for all of us and for our safety. Keep safe!

1 Like

Hi there, @arrol! Welcome!! This pandemic really frightens a lot of people. You really can see people struggling to feed their family, people losing their jobs, and worst people not receiving the same opportunities as others or those with a higher state than they are. For me, in this pandemic situation, it would be better to help those in need, a lot of people are suffering because of hunger. Let us also respect our frontliners, obey the rules of the government, this is for our sake. Plus, our frontliners are risking their lives in danger to fight this virus. God bless everybody! I hope this will end soon.

1 Like

Hi @kianna thanks for your reply , appreciated this reply… :grin: :grin: :grin: … let us pray for … and put the trust on our savior… I think Jesus has a plan also to heal this mother nature, so now it is in rest mode and we can use it when our everything is already okay

1 Like

Hello there, @arrol! You are very welcome! Yep, mother earth is really healing! God has plans for us, let us put our trust unto Him! :yellow_heart:

@MakkaPakka thanks for a warm welcome really appreciate… our frontliners needs our help not only by giving them their essentials needs but also their spiritual needs… they are the new heroes of our world… big shout out also for the other front liners like the delivery boys and the utilities for also risking their life everyday.

@arrol: True! Salute to all frontliners who sacrifice themselves for the sake of other people. Truly indeed that we owe them a lot and as a counterpart, we need to pray for their safety too: so that they will come home in their respective families soon. May the good Lord shield them from the virus.

Thanks @Luis_Ruiz for a warm welcome in this community… thanks for sharing how jesus works its really nice how you turn things into a positive way or in jesus way… that is one of the key nowadays that we are facing problems not like just the pandemic but also the world full of mysteries… have a great day ahead…

Hi @arrol, that is a good question. What would Jesus do in a times like this? We live in a world full of criticisms and hate. I think we can be like Jesus in this pandemic situation by providing moral support and spreading love to people. A simple uplifting message or even a smile can do. I hope this pandemic will end full of wisdom and realizations from God. :wink:

1 Like

To be like Christ during this pandemic situation…
For me is to simply love the person in front of you like how Christ love the church and it is selfless.
Praying and intercede for the world, church and families.

1 Like

Good and simple thought that we could ponder. But if you relate it directly with our current situation during this pandemic. Being at home most of the time, interaction with other people is very minimal. Our ministry to others would be impossible. I think we could live a Christ-like life by being selfless. That’s right selfless, but how we might ask. We can do this by being selfless in our prayers, we can lessen the “I’s” and the “We’s”. Focus on praying for others, lets set our minds to pray and use the word “Them”. Because as Christians this is the most powerful weapon we can use against anything that is of this world… PRAY…

hi @arrol in our church, our Pastor leads us to Jesusness ( or how to be more like Jesus)
in this crisis i believe that we could be Jesus-like if we follow his "

**2 COMMANDMENTS **

1. Love God
  2. LOVE ONE ANOTHER, (John 13 :34 A new command I give you: Love one another) because Jesus brings out the true meaning of LOVE.

according to the book " 365 Jesusness Pills for Spiritual Wellnes " by Ed Lapiz
always ask: what did Jesus do? The way of Jesus liberates, gives life and enriches. what Jesus did during His time guides us to what we should do now under similar circumstances. choose the way of peace, choose the way of love. choose the teachings and example of Jesus. God bless you, stay safe.

Jesus is very helpful to human kind. So during this pandemic those who really need help must be given the opportunity to get their needs ,what I am saying is be kind to others, help other people and be nice.

@arrol I think during this pandemic, people needs to practice and give more love, compassion, kindness and faith. Just like how our Almighty God loves and saved us.

John summarizes the need for Christians to act on love, not just think about it. It is important to communicate love through our words, but we must also do so through our actions. Jesus gave a similar warning to the Pharisees in Matthew 15:4–9. Just as truly saving faith will produce good works (James 2:17–19), truly loving another person will produce loving actions. This verse once again uses the Greek root word agape, meaning a selfless, sacrificial love.

Hello for me To be like Him, you have to know Him. How do you know Him? Study Him, and that means studying His teachings and His Word. It means knowing how He treated people, and how He handled life. The only way to do that is to get out that Bible, and read it, every day.
Now that you have the knowledge, it’s time to obey the convictions that the Holy Spirit puts on your heart, through that knowledge and understanding. No more putting it off or pretending not to have felt the conviction. Just go where He is leading you to go and trust that He will show you what to do, when you get there. No more excuses. Just go. Humble yourself. Put away selfish ambition and focus on the needs around you. Put other people at higher priority than your own desires. As the Bible says in Philippians, we must count others as higher than ourselves.

1 Like

During this pandemic, we should be open to everyone’s situation. Some people are having a hard time coping and some people are comfortable in their own homes. May we pray for all people to survive this pandemic and show care to everyone. We should fight this pandemic together and not against each other. We pray and have faith to the Lord.

1 Like

Hello, dear @arrol
I wanted to give you another example of something I did today, I finally got out of the house to do some buying for the house. A little thing here and there, flour to be precise, when I was coming back at home I found a man asking for help as he didn’t have money to buy food, I of course am not in a financially good situation as is the whole country, so with much pain I gave him the flour and then went back to buy another one for myself. I did this thinking what would Jesus do? And even if feelings of regret because well, I don’t have much money, I felt the need to help those in need, especially because there will not be somebody else. Hope this can inspire you! Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

I couldn’t agree more @hbbm14…it’s too really heartbreaking to read and hear news, seeing people fighting each other because of the relief goods and most especially those cash assistance from DSWD…on these times all of us must unite, help each other as well as pray for each other…Keep safe everyone!

1 Like

Hello there @Paulo_Juamis! I agree on this one, it is hard to be someone you do not know. So in order to be like Jesus Christ we must first know Him and His life and ways.