How to cope or handle with close-minded people?

Hi, guys! How do you cope with or handle people who are close-minded? How do you persuade them to go through with your ideas?

1 Like

Hi Kiana, It’s not easy to be with close- minded people but a better understanding and relationship can be achieved through prayers and secondly by patiently observing and discovering what’s interesting and stuffs that could irritate them.
I believe in praying for people like that because of my understanding of God’s ability to touch and speak to every hearts.

1 Like

Hi there @kianna! You cannot really teach a close minded person to adopt your own idea, because if you do push them you will run manipulative. So what should you do? Respect their close-mindedness because there will be a perfect time that they will eventually realize all of it. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you so much @Graceful_Grace! :yellow_heart:

Thank you for that @MakkaPakka! :yellow_heart:

The unfortunate reality is there are just some people who wouldn’t or extremely difficult to change their mind.

In such cases please consider some of these verses.
I believe they are clear enough and doesn’t need further explanation.

Proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be like him.

Proverbs 23:9
Do not speak to a fool, for he will despise the wisdom of your words.

Proverbs 9:8
Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you; rebuke a wise man, and he will love you.

These principles was further illustrated by Jesus Christ himself.

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

1 Like

Hello, dear @kianna
One of my philosophies of life is “live and let live”, I don’t judge other people, I can have my own opinions and if they are friends or family I’d say to them what bothers me, but I don’t expect them to change it if they don’t want to.
Remember Jesus loves us very much, but he will not make us love him if we don’t want to, so if the Son of God as powerful as he wants you to have your own free will, then we should follow his example and respect the one of the others.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

1 Like

Proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be like him.

yep, that is true. Thank you so much!

Thank you for that, @Luis_Ruiz :blush:

1 Like