I have some friends. They are my very closed friends. Yet they do not want to hear about Bible or faith. I am very sad about that. I love my friends. Yet how can I evangelize them?
The best way to “evangelize” is the same as it has been since the dawn of Christianity. Prayer and example. St. Francis of Assisi is often quoted as saying “Preach the Gospel every day. Only use words if you have to.” Blessed Mother Theresa of Calcutta once said “We can do no great things, only little things with Great Love.”
The best thing you can do is Pray for your friend and teach by example, not by lecturing them. Also try reading some books by authors like C.S. Lewis (Screwtape Letters is brilliant), G.K.Chesterton (anything by Chesterton is worth twice it’s weight in Gold), and look into the writings of St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Augustine. You can also get a lot of insight into the early Church through early Church fathers like Ireneaus, Tertulian, and Justin Martyr.
i have a sister, i also want to evangelize her too. However, she refused many times. but i insist on praying for her, I even cannot say “i pray for you” Currently, she changed, she even does not refuse to hear i say " i pray for you" You can try this way.
- God is capable of working without your help. Even if your friend won’t talk about Jesus with you doesn’t mean God is helpless! He can be working in ways that you don’t know about inside her heart.
- God doesn’t rely on you getting it all right all the time! He uses us to bring people into his kingdom, and that is an honour. But he is perfectly capable of doing it without us too. No matter what you do, even if you make the wrong call with your friend and screw up really badly, nothing can put her out of the reach of God.
- Therefore prayer is the most important evangelistic activity. You have to rely on God… you literally can’t convert someone yourself - conversion is a new creation (2 Cor 5:17).
- The next most important thing you can do is continue living your christian life publicly with integrity. Your friend knows you are a christian and she will see that in the way you live.
- Knowing what to do is difficult and different in each situation. Don’t forget to ask God for wisdom, and he will give it to you (James 1:5).
yes, i really want to evangelize to my best friends, for we cannot have common idea as before.
Just be filled with the Holy Spirit and go full of the Word, the real person God Holy Spirit will guide you according to the person whom you are evangelizing
Maybe we can try to know what they are thinking daily, what their toubles are, and what they are focusing on in their lives. Actually all of these things can be related to the Bible. Perhaps some of these things about them could be touch points.