How to overcome procrastination?

How to overcome procrastination?

i think i only pray can overcome

1 Like

I agree with @patri12 on this answer. I can only pray to overcome procrastination.

The only other thing I can do, and this is only of my own power modeled for me by others is to “just get up and do it”. Sometimes I have to tell myself that. I’m so bad with it, I will otherwise stay sitting (not doing) and praying and still not get up and do it. So that helps, but to really get it right, you must pray and ask God to help you overcome it.

1 John 4:4-6

1 John 4:4-6 English Standard Version (ESV)
4 Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 5 They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

1 Like

In order to overcome it Firstly, forgive yourself for procrastinating in the past and commit yourself each and every day to the task that you will gonna partake. Mosf of all, pray for God’s guidance in everything you do. God bless!

@Jianqiu, we’re in the same boat! I always find myself procrastinating, even when I’m already pressed for time. :grimacing: But, I finally decided to stop this habit after the Lord spoke to me through this verse:

Colossians 3:23, NLT: “Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.”

See, we often procrastinate due to lack of motivation. After reading that verse, I was reminded that I’m working for the Lord and not for my employers. Since then, Col.3:23 has become my go-to verse whenever I feel like procrastinating.

God bless you and just keep on keeping on! :two_hearts::two_hearts: