How to overcome rejection? How to take it lightly?

In the past few days, i am experiencing rejection from my surroundings. The thing is it kept playing in my head. I pray and pray that this should not affect me. How would you overcome it if you were on my shoes?

1 Like

Hello @cocoyoongie

sorry to hear about the rejections you are facing. Rejections are indeed cruel and can create deep scars in one’s heart.

I am not sure about the reasons for the rejection that you are facing. As I am replying to your message, I was reminded of this verse. 1 Peter 3:14

But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.

Lord Jesus was rejected for the most righteous reason. Surely it must not have been easy for him to receive hatred. But he overcame it with love.

But to be practical, it is not easy to take a rejection lightly. And sometimes prayers in short time does not bring complete healing as well.

Best thing I would do in addition to seeking the Lord’s help myself is to find a trusted friend or mentor who can empathize with me and guide me through the word and share my situation with the person and receive spiritual and moral support to get me going. I would be careful not to go to friend of a opposite gender to seek help which can sometimes be fatal.

Biblically there is no answer to protect oneself from suffering for the sake of Christ, rather believers are asked to march boldly towards rejection like many apostles and Jesus himself and gain victory through the love of Christ.

But again, this suffering is for the cause of Christ. There are many rejection that we face everyday which can be due to our own mistakes. We SHOULD be able to distinguish this well and keep ourselves away from these meaningless rejections that doesnot have eternal value.

Let me know your thoughts :slight_smile:

I hope you recover from your rejection and receive God’s love and be able to forgive the people who rejected you. God bless!

@Moses_C I got rejections in the workplace. It seems that this person don’t understand who I really am. Well i am not sure on how to why that person is acting that way against me. But i don’t feel mad i just feel sad about it. I just want to contribute something for the company. I want to talk it out to someone but i need the courage to do so. I just pray that God would comfort me.

1 Like

I think this is excellent advice.

I had something happen to me just yesterday that had me very upset, the repeating thing in my head was going, I prayed and prayed and asked for help. What eventually (it was only a few hours, but in that state, it feels like a long time) helped, was me getting in touch with my accountability partner. She listened carefully to all I had gone through, I was very specific and painfully honest.

In less than a paragraph worth, she loosened that obsessive rant in my head and turned my eyes toward true Christian fellowship (too lengthy to go into detail now) that showed me where I had gone wrong in my thinking.

What a relief! I cannot recommend ENOUGH having someone like this who knows you well in your life.

You cannot pick and choose the sins you will confess to each other or you are playing with fire in your walk with the Lord. We must not think that we can lie to God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit. There are dire consequences. Please take the following passage to heart and consider it when you choose an “accountability” partner. A person who will hear your confessions of sin and keep it to themselves, and do the same in return. The idea is to help each other not lie to ourselves, and thus try to lie to God!

Acts 5:1-11 New International Version (NIV)
5 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.

3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”

5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?”

“Yes,” she said, “that is the price.”

9 Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”

10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.

1 Like

@cocoyoongie Sorry to hear your experience at your workplace.

Honestly speaking it is quiet hard for everyone truly to understand who we are as we live in this world. Best example is Jesus himself. World didnot accept him as he was and killed him. But through that death he showed to the world who he truly was -that he was the true son of God and by forgiving people who nailed him to the cross.

As representatives of Christ in the world we can show the world who we truly are - not just our own personality - but our true identity which is Jesus Christ by forgiving people who reject us and not stop there but going a step ahead by embracing them. This will help non believers to know Christ and will remind believers the person of Jesus Christ. Even if they don’t care God is watching you and will be proud of you and will reward you for representing Jesus :slight_smile:

What do you think?

God bless!

Our ability to see things as “changeable” can have a strong influence on how we deal with rejection. Stanford researchers recently found that a person’s “basic beliefs about personality can contribute to whether [they] recover from, or remain mired in, the pain of rejection.” Their studies revealed that individuals who have “fixed mindsets” and see personality as more set in stone are more likely to blame themselves and their own “toxic personalities” for a breakup.

Source : How to Deal with Rejection: Try These Powerful, Personal Strategies!

I also struggle with rejection. One things that has helped me in dealing with is is to think of the bigger picture. Usually I get stressed out whenever I don’t get accepted for a job. I get really really anxious and question my abilities. But then, looking at the bigger picture, there are tons of job openings out there. Plus if I am not good on that one particular matter, there are other things I am good at. But, if you really want it, you can always ask for God’s assistance and try harder.