How to pray?

How to pray and build a good relationship with God?

1 Like

This is - by far - not exhaustive. But I have wanted to know about what good prayer with God is as well. So I will share the beginning of my studies.

On Jesus PRAYING Role Model - Secret time with God in Prayer.

Luke 11:1 (KJV) And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

Luke 5:16 (KJV) And he withdrew himself into the wilderness, and prayed.

Matthew 14:23 (KJV) And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.

Luke 6:12-13 (KJV) And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God. And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles;

Matthew 26:36 (KJV) Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder.

Luke 18:1 (KJV) And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

Luke 18:8 (KJV) I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Dependence and surrender to God. We tend to ‘slip away’ to (fill in the blank) do what we most desire to do. Jesus “slipped away” to PRAY.

When God respects prayer:

•1 Kings 8:28 (KJV) Yet have thou respect unto the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O LORD my God, to hearken unto the cry and to the prayer, which thy servant prayeth before thee to day:

2 Chronicles 6:19 (KJV) Have respect therefore to the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, O LORD my God, to hearken unto the cry and the prayer which thy servant prayeth before thee:

Jesus tell the disciples how to pray?
“our father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”

Simply speaking, prayer is communion. Confide your heart to God.
It is necessary to follow Lord’s prayer.