How will you handle conflict inside the church?

we all know that we are not exempted to experience conflict especially conflict with our fellow believers. but how can we handle the conflict with out compromising the verse “blessed are who those are peace maker”?

1 Like

In worst case scenario the church should follow the process set by Jesus Christ in Matthew 18.

Mat 18:15 “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother.
Mat 18:16 But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses.
Mat 18:17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.
Mat 18:18 Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Hopefully, the conflict will be resolved in the first step.
The first step also shows that if a person was offended, he or she should talk to the offending person directly, not post it on Facebook or tell it to other people.

To avoid conflict in the first place, we have to teach love.
35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
With love, we will be humble enough to ask for forgiveness and offer forgiveness as well.

2 Likes

I handle it very carefully. Because some of the member of the church have a different type of personality meaning you must need different type of approach for them not to misinterpret your opinion. Stay in the neutral mode talk the issue and make help them to understand the situation. and ask them that we are doing this to serve our Lord not to have a issue with each other.

Conflicts in church usually happen because we have different opinions. I handle it by dropping my pride and respecting their insights. We can’t always be right. Sometimes we have to give others a chance. We have nothing to lose anyway, we are in church not for anything but for God alone.

2 Likes

@kbadum I agree. We all have different beliefs and knowledge regarding a certain area. It is helpful and good to sit down and hear other people’s sides and learn. Life anyway is a never-ending process of learning.

Sensitive theme.
Mentally is written ín Matthew 18
but in life…
Usually everyone is to avoid.
But "walls can be built between each others,…
and maybe desire to leave.