I and the Father are one

“John 10:30” This verse is used by many to claim that Jesus is really God, but they just don’t understand it.

Sadly because a lot of people have been deceived. In John 10:30, does Jesus identified Himself and the Father are one God? the answer is No! Because He never said “I and the Father are one God.”

The readers gave their own conclusion that They are one in nature, readers, don’t give your own conclusion that they are one in nature, let the Bible itself give a conclusion where they are one, so where are they one when Jesus said that? He made a conclusion where They are one, read John 10:27-29 first before you go to 30 to understand better, it is not the nature of god that Christ is referring to.

let’s read in John 10:27-29 first before we go to 30, this is His testimony, let’s read. John 10: 27-29 “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all: no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.” Jesus made a conclusion here where They are one, let’s separate for clarity… To Jesus: “no one will snatch them out of my hand” To the Father: “no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand”

John 10:30: “I and the Father are one.” therefore, they are one in purpose of caring for Their sheep, that is what Jesus’ conclusion where they are one, so it is not true that they are one in nature, it is only the result of the readers’ own conclusion that they are one in nature-god, so when it comes to John 10:30 of Lamsa Version, it will be clearer “I and my Father are one in accord”. most of Bible scholars are also agree with this! Pray that the holy spirit will guide you to understand the Bible Pls share the true gospel. thank you!

Sarah Jane Miller