I divorced my first husband and remarried years later, does that mean I’m living in sin?

I divorced my first husband and remarried years later, does that mean I’m living in sin?

God actually hates divorce and it was stated in the bible. But remarriage is permitted especially for the faithful partner only when their divorce was on biblical grounds. As of today, divorcing someone is as easy as changing underwear most especially if one partner is irresponsible and abusive.

It depends on the reason why you divorced your first husband. According to Matthew 19:9 Now I tell you that whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman, commits adultery.”

If your first husband committed sexual immorality, then that is a biblical ground for divorce, which means you are not committing adultery on your second marriage.

I know this is a difficult truth to accept that is why in the following verse, 10 His disciples said to Him, “If this is the case between a man and his wife, it is better not to marry.”