I feel now my heart for God is "lukewarm-neither hot nor cold", how to change it?

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. KJV Revelation 3:15-16

Who can give some advice?

With such a short statement about your situation, this is all I can offer:
Revelation 2:1-5 NKJV

“To the angel of the church of Ephesus write,

‘These things says He who holds the seven stars in His right hand, who walks in the midst of the seven golden lampstands: 2 “I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars; 3 and you have persevered and have patience, and have labored for My name’s sake and have not become weary. 4 Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. 5 Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent."

Meaning, go back to your first love: Christ. When the church of Ephesus lost their first love it was their first step toward this “lukewarm” you are describing from Revelation 3.

One practical piece of advice I have would be to do this: pick up your Bible DAILY and read at least a chapter in it, preferably in the morning, before your mind can give you a thousand excuses to not read it.
Do it every day for a month. Then see if you are still lukewarm. I think you will find a change.

Personally, I highly recommend that you start with the Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John, any of them. Then keep reading. It is what brought me back.

God bless.

2 Likes

Thank you, Sunami. :wink:

1 Like

First, you should know what happened to you and the neither hot nor cold relationship between your
and God. Why you became like this? Have you ever been hot and enthusiastic for God and his words? If you can’t find your problem and really have a heart seeking change, you won’t really want to restore your faith.

We are all like the paralyzed in love. We are too easily forget the grace and love and what the Lord has done for us. And in our daily life, many things comes to occupy our mind, time and heart so that we don’t leave enough time and heart for God.

Put God first and put faith first. If you know faith is your life, you will not get loos of it. 【Matthew16:26】
What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

If you really want to be hot again, I think you can read the Epistles of Paul. You will know the secret of how Paul kept his hot and passion for Jesus Christ.

Get closer to God, listen, pray, meditate on God’s Word.
Looking back at the grace God had given us in the beginning, we thank God for praise.
More calls for the help of the Holy Spirit to restore the fiery love of the Lord.

Ask Holy Spirit to come to reignite your heart, and start to join the church bible studies. Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth, when you know more truth you will be strengthened and dream about God’s kingdom.

Keep close to His Word and pray.