I found God as my refuge

Matthew 23: 37 “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.

When I was a little child, especially as a girl, my Dad did not protect me from the evil. I lost much of my protection and security, so I did a lot of shameful things, spoke bad words, evil deeds.

After I was saved by the Lord Jesus, and he lead me to know God’s love, I prayed, and I felt the warmth and protective love of God as a heavenly father. He did protect me in safety. I do not know the much more valuable protection from God is he protects me from being harmed by evil, wickedness, and also protects me from doing evil, being attempted by wickedness until today.

Now I have a father, a heavenly father, who could instruct me what is good, and what is evil, what people is good people, what people is evil people, and protect me from being attempted to do evil, and wickedness.

Psalms 62:7 My salvation and my honor depend on God
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

Whenever you’re in trouble or feel alone run to the Lord for help because He will never forsake you. He is our hiding place. In my life the Lord continues to get me through trials and He will help you as well. Stand firm, have faith, and put all your trust in Him.Don’t try to get through the struggles of life by yourself because you will fail believe me. Be strong in the Lord and keep your mind on Him. Commit to Him in prayer, meditate on His Word, and continually give Him praise. He wants you to go to Him so do just that and you will get through it.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” These words from Psalm 46:1 are some of the most encouraging in all of the Old Testament. To be sure most people can easily understand that God is powerful. It almost goes without saying that he is. But a very present help? To many, myself included, God can sometimes feel far away, disinterested, distant. But these four words are a rock solid promise that God is with us and for us. He is not far away. He is near. He didn’t make us and then leave us alone to watch and see what happens. He is intimately connected with us and concerned for us. He is not just God, he is our God.