I have been really looking into communities that can help me grow more in my faith

Hello Everyone! My name is Marjorie and I have been on this page for a while now but do not really know how to interact with everyone. But these last months, I have been really looking into communities that can help me grow more in my faith.
I am a huge foodie and have recently adopted a healthier lifestyle. I was wondering how I can interconnect my desire to be healthy physically and also spiritually as well. Does anyone mind sharing how you maintain your spiritual health these days? (If you haven’t that’s fine too, I think struggles is something real to share as well!:slight_smile:

Marjorie Ann

Hi Marjorie, maintaining spiritual health is a daily challenge for us believers and you won’t always meet the mark. Accept that right off the bat, but make every effort to do better each day. We’re bombarded daily with spiritual challenges/warfare that threatens to topple our faith and relinquish our commitment. Ask God for help with this. Some of the things I do is to develop a mental commitment to seek out spiritual things… I commit to pray at least 2X daily, read the word (the Bible or any other devotional text), listen to spiritual songs (many great artists are found here on Facebook watch) or on my favorite radio station Z88.3. Also, steering yourself away from verbiage or shows on tv that contaminate your spirit (lots of cursing, vulgarity, ungodly things). Align with other Godly individuals who share your faith. It’s a lifestyle change; very much like a marriage. Just as you commit to your spouse, you make the same commitment to Christ and attempt to do everything that will not put strain on your relationship or violate your commitment. Engage the Holy Spirit to assist you in your commitment; it’s not something you can do alone.

Bridgette Donaldson

Spiritual health comes by the teaching of the indwelling Holy Spirit. I second that.

Joseph Bacon

“Do two things, be in prayer often, and in a mind stat of prayer always, and be in the Word of God as much as possible” I second that; Get U a Bible Reading Schedule geared2 your personal needs. I recommend my own schedule: Check to C what the Lord has 2say2U each morning. Start with Proverbs; Know that there R 31 of them;… 1 4 each day of the month with 31 days, and 2 on a the first or last day of a month with only 30 days.

Joseph Bacon

Looking on to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith, study the word of God frequently find a in the language you can understand very well, rely mostly on the help of the holy Spirit, avoid destructions (Worldly , I had so much to say here but for the sake of time) God bless you as I see you growing.

Iorna Nelson

Hey there Marjorie … sister Iv been just reinforcing my love for Jesus and in this era of prophecy I constantly go through reminders and accounts in the bible of strength mentally and physically?? Mentally …being aware that I will see much suffering ahead and be able to endure it all the way to death if that’s what it takes …I believe these end days are the hardest leading up to the rapture and faith is the only key ( 1 mustard seed )because most of us have not lived in a highly oppressive factious dictatorship and I believe we are going to findout in the near future. I’m sorry if I rambled sister but my message is simply truly love Jesus with yr heart and sole and Yul find that nothing can move you from his grace not even death amen

Remesh Nona Wenitong Surrendra-Prasad

Reading scriptures regularly is very helpful for me. My husband listens to a sermon every night while in the bathtub. He loves to listen to Brian Borgman audio sermons. There’s a whole series on the book of Romans that is excellent. We walk daily for an hour or so. We attend church every Sunday for fellowship. I try to start every morning taking some time to pray. Listening to some of my favorite Christian worship songs is also helpful. I have a favorites list on Spotify and tune in Family Life Radio to listen to the music as well. 99.7 F.M. We work out at Planet Fitness several times a week as well. We are currently eating ketogenic diet and have both lost a substantial amount of weight. I was down to 112 .5 pounds this morning!

Sarah Carson

Spiritual health comes by the teaching of the indwelling Holy Spirit.John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Alexander Castro