I have been wondering why many church’s have to have a piano or organ playing when a prayer is being said

I have been wondering why many church’s have to have a piano or organ playing when a prayer is being said. It seems like every time a prayer is going on, music has to be played. Are we coxing the Holy Spirit to hear our prayers or what
I am at odds that it seems we can’t pray without music playing
at least in a church service or the like. I would love to hear a good reason that makes really sense as to why is it necessary ?

Billy Boyd

Cornel Bilauca weird stuff in that country!

Robert Tapley

Bob O Connor The better option is go to whatever church God guides you to. I’m not sure a church exists where every member is born again. God takes you where He needs you, whether you like the church or not.

Benjamin Michael

Kathy Thompson I enjoy Contemporary Christian Music outside of church and some of it is very nice in a church service, but some of the music fits better outside of the church service. I would rather hear the Old Traditional Hymn’s in a church service. But that’s another subject matter for the Saints to discuss.

Billy Boyd

It’s not necessary. However I imagine the Father being pleased with all forms of worship and praise weather that be vocal or instrumental. As long as it is used for the glory of God in earnest.

Tyler Dixon

Kathy Koen Most every church on Long Island or online !!

Billy Boyd

I think the soft music calms the children in the audience.

Karen Brandt

Sarepta Ham What if it’s not soft, but loud?

Brian Tappen

It’s during the invitation when the preacher is trying to get people to respond to the Spirit’s call at our church. However for people who are hard of hearing playing music makes it hard to understand talk. The two are not compatible.

Sharon Bowen Hanson

Not at ours

Kathy Logue