I heard somebody say recently that we should be in a constant state of repentance

I heard somebody say recently that we should be in a constant state of repentance. I disagree with that at first. Because their version of repentance is always be sorry because they believe they’re always sinful. But my thought is you should only be sorry if you’ve done something wrong. But like job I don’t knowingly sin. Even my unknown sin is covered by Christ. So like when jobs friends were blaming him telling him to apologize he must have done something wrong he kept saying to them “what ,what have I done wrong”… in this logic I disagree with we should not be in this state of repentance. Why be sorry if you haven’t done anything wrong. But how I view repentance as is that you admit to God you were wrong about everything and he is right about everything. Complete humbleness. He knows best how to lead our life.
Proverbs 16:9
New King James Version
9 A man’s heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.
We have free will we have two choices we can make. But I trust the Lord in my steps because I acknowledge he knows best .but if I ever fail to acknowledge that. Then sin happens and I have nothing but trouble. Even if trouble does happen like what happened to job. I could still have peace of mind and trust the Lord knows what is best. Because usually when the ordeal is over I can see in hindsight the Lord usually reveals to me what he wanted me to know. Like when I was trying to look for a job and I was not getting any job offers that I applied for some places I really did want to work at. In the end I did get a job. Then I can see in hindsight that none of those other places would have worked out for me I could not have physically and emotionally handle the job the one that I did get I could. This is what I mean when it says in Proverbs 16:9. So I trust the Lord. An acknowledged he knows best thereby being in the repentance State everyday.

Daniel Hutch

In thoughts , in words , and also failing to do what is right ain’t easy especially our thoughts.I admit that the mind is a rogue that without God its hard to tame.Remember before uttering a word , good or bad, it first forms in the mind.One may also smile or talk nice but is it in synch with what one is thinking? We have to surrender all to God for guidance.

Shiata Shiru Michael

That’s a part of acceptance. Accepting all of God’s words then allowing the Lord to renew our minds. It becomes a struggle if we are in between the two not fully accepting the Lord’s words only parsley accepting.

Daniel Hutch

We should sin less and less as we learn to walk by His Word and Spirit.HE SANCTIFIES US!If we continue to sin daily we need to check our relationship with Him. We probably aren’t in love with Him as much as we think.If you love me keep my commandments. One cannot keep intentionally sinning and think they are saved. They are using Grace a a license to sin and that’s a perversion. It says but “IF” we sin, we have Him.It doesn’t say “when”!

MajorVon Arney

don’t be so confident that you haven’t done anything wrong. you should pray to God to show you your sins, and if it is a repeated sin, you have to be willing to learn and come out of it. but many people hold too close to their traditions and such and continue to sin. And because of that God sends strong delusion to those who love to believe a lie. 2 thess 2:11 it’s a bit of a salvation issue if God is ignored…

Emily Frazer

BIBLICAL REPENTANCE, PART1: BIBLICAL Repentance for SALVATION IS when we repent ONCE from unbelief & dead works: SEE HEBREWS 6:1: unto BELIEF in Jesus Christ as Savior who died for our sin! If you BELIEVE and trust in Jesus Christ as your savior (The gospel is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4) then you have REPENTED!! From what? Unbelief and DEAD works unto faith in Jesus Christ!! Repentance and belief happen AT THE SAME TIME, like a spark which ignites and starts a fire which happens simultaneously-- you cannot have one without the other! They are two sides of the SAME COIN so to speak. So let us look at a simple illustration OF REPENTANCE and BELIEF AS IT RELATES TO ETERNAL SALVATION:To have a fire: we need a spark. So, the spark is the realization and acknowledgement (not turning from sins, which is an act or work of the fallen flesh) of your *SIN (fallen state) and of Jesus Christ, *SON of God who is our SAVIOR FROM SIN: we understand the need for a savior from the eternal consequences of sin! So, once you change your mind from unbelief, you now have ignited the SPARK to start a FIRE, which is BELIEF IN JESUS CHRIST AS THE SAVIOR AND SON OF GOD! The FIRE which is exercised by our belief IS THE HOLY SPIRIT who is received BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH! 1 Corinthians 12:13. And now by the POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT you can have victory over sin (not perfectly, nor in your own strength; Mark 10:18), and THEN you will start to repent of actions and attitudes, and this allows you to enjoy and walk in your new identity in Christ! You do not need to maintain this new identity by works of the flesh, for Christ maintains your NEW identity WITH HIS LIFE FOREVER! Romans 3:20-26. For believers are now alive in Christ, as Christ is alive in the Father FOR ALL ETERNITY! SEE JOHN 6:57Let’s read on: The full biblical definition of repentance in reference to SALVATION is:The BIBLICAL USE OF THE word REPENT comes from the GREEK word:Metanoia meaningMeta=changeNoia=mindMEANING: CHANGE OF MIND.The Bible also tells us that true repentance will result in a change of actions overtime (Luke 3:8–14; Acts 3:19). In summarizing his ministry, Paul declares, “I preached that they should repent and turn to God and *demonstrate their repentance by their deeds” This is not stating that we earn our salvation by our deeds! (Acts 26:20). But that our deeds (works, behaviors, attitudes) are the result of our salvation and not what actually saves us! The bible is clear we are saved by grace through faith alone not works lest any man should boast! Romans 4:5-8, Romans 3:20-26, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 16:31, Galatians 2:16, John 3:16. What, then, is the connection between repentance and salvation? The book of Acts especially focuses on repentance regarding salvation (Acts 2:38; 3:19; 11:18; 17:30; 20:21; 26:20). To repent, in relation to salvation, is to change your mind regarding sin and Jesus Christ. In Peter’s sermon on the day of Pentecost (Acts chapter 2), he concludes with a call for the people to repent (Acts 2:38). Repent from what? Peter is calling the people who rejected Jesus (Acts 2:36) to change their minds about that sin and to change their minds about Christ Himself, recognizing that He is indeed “Lord and Christ” (Acts 2:36). Peter is calling the people to change their minds, to abhor their past rejection of Christ, and to embrace faith in Him as both Messiah and Savior!Hence, repentance and faith can be understood as two sides of the same coin. It is impossible to place your faith in Jesus Christ as the Savior without first changing your mind about your sin and about who Jesus is and what He has done on your behalf on the cross! 1 Cor. 15:1-4. Whether it is repentance from willful rejection or repentance from ignorance or disinterest, it is a CHANGE OF MIND. Biblical repentance, in relation to salvation, is changing your mind from rejection of Christ to FAITH IN CHRIST! Here we also see in book of Acts which also explained biblical repentance as it related to eternal salvation. Acts 20:21, KJV: “Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Bee Bernette

BIBLICAL REPENTANCE, PART 2: On the other hand, repentance as it relates to change in attitudes & behavior, feeling remorse for sin, etc., which is work, is NOT how we receive eternal salvation! SEE JOHN 3:10. But by FAITH. We must understand that our Faith in Jesus Christ IS NOT WORK. But to him that WORKETH NOT, but *believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Romans 4:5. We must understand that no one can repent and come to God unless God first pulls that person to Himself (John 6:44). GOD WANTS ALL PEOPLE TO BE SAVED AND COME TO THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH! 1 Timothy 2:4. God is the true light who gives light to EVERY MAN coming into the world! John 1:9. It is up to man to accept or reject this light. For God has given everyone a measure of faith as a gift! Romans 12:2 The Holy Spirit convicts the unbelieving heart! Hence, God calls out to all men because ALL men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God and are therefore in need of a Savior! We do not convict ourselves in our own strength! But it is God’s longsuffering that leads us to repentance (2 Peter 3:9), as does His kindness (Romans 2:4). God calls us to repentance; we do not call out to him first! We respond to this call by faith!We must understand that repentance *unto *salvation by faith will result in good works which brings glory to our Father in heaven! These good works have already been prepared in advance for us to do as those who are saved. Ephesians 2:10. When we truly change our mind about our sin and God, and are born again with a new nature, this new nature now causes us to choose to walk in the spirt and not the flesh and do good works. Once we are born again by faith, the newborn believer is positionally sanctified and justified by God, and then what follows is a process of experiential sanctification (think of worm to butterfly; 1 Thess. 4:3-7), which transforms us slowly as we journey in the spirit with the Lord. That is why John the Baptist called people to “produce fruit in keeping with repentance” (Matthew 3:8). A person who has truly repented from unbelief unto faith in Christ will give evidence of a changed life, resulting in good works, but this does not happen overnight! It is a transformation that takes time for the believer to mature in the spirit. Just like a baby learns to walk and then run over time as they mature! (2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 5:19–23; James 2:14–26). Once Jesus is our root, we can produce fruit!The key difference between believers and non-believers is BELIEF: Because even non-believers can also feel remorse and regret their sinfulness WITHOUT BELIEVING IN THE GOSPEL: 1 Cor. 15:1-4. True, biblical repentance regarding ETERNAL SAVLATION is a change of mind from unbelief and dead works, AND FAITH towards God! It is not simply intellectual knowledge (demons have mental assent, but not Holy-Ghost inspired faith, who receive not salvation) of the facts, but BELIEF and full digestion of the *substance that is *faith *in *the *gospel which saves and seals us forever! Ephesians 4:30. For if we hear the gospel, but do not believe it, then all we have is intellectual knowledge and not true belief which saves us! Hence, repentance to God for ETERNAL SALVATION is to ACKNOWLEDGE OUR *SIN, THE *SON OF GOD, JESUS CHRIST AS SAVIOR FROM SIN WHICH IS A CHANGE OF MIND AND BELIEF WHICH IS NOW FAITH TOWARDS GOD, RESULTING IN GOOD WORKS TO THE GLORY OF GOD! REPENT AND BELIEVE *THE *GOSPEL! Mark 1:15. AMEN!

Bee Bernette

Who the son sets free is free indeed! BIBLE BULLETIN Do Christians have to confess and repent after EVERY sin in order to “keep/or maintain our ETERNAL salvation and forgiveness from God? NO! Why? The forgiveness of sins Is A GIFT OF GRACE, RECEIVED BY FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AND NOT A REWARD for works of the fallen flesh. Believers need not continually ask the Lord for FORGIVENESS OF SINS! Believers do not need work for their salvation! WE ARE NOT QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB! FAITH IS NOT A WORK. What is FAITH? The substance of things HOPED (not worked for) for, the evidence of things NOT SEEN! Hebrews 11:1, Ephesians 2:8-10, Romans 3:23. A frequent question is “what happens if I sin, and then I die before I have an opportunity to confess that sin to God?” Another common question is “what happens if I commit a sin, but then forget about it and never remember to confess it to God?” Both of these questions rest on a faulty assumption. Salvation is not “work of the flesh” trying to confess and repent from every sin they commit before we die. Salvation is not based on whether a Christian has confessed and repented of every sin. Yes, we should confess our sins to God and turn from them as soon as we are aware that we have sinned. But this work is not done to hold onto our salvation from God! Therefore, we do not always need to be asking God for forgiveness. When we place our faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, ALL of our sins are forgiven. That includes past, present, and future, big or small. Believers do not have to keep asking for forgiveness in order to have their sins forgiven. Jesus died to pay the penalty for ALL our sins, and when they are forgiven, they are ALL forgiven (Colossians 1:14; Acts 10:43). Yes, once saved by faith, we can confess our sins once we become aware of them: 1 John 1:9, says: IF! IT DOES NOT SAY, MUST IN ORDER TO BE SAVED OR BE FORGIVEN one must, first, confess all their sins! God is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). The word “confess” means “to agree with.” Once we come to the faith, we are made right with God through JESUS CHRIST! (See Romans 5:1-21). If and when we do confess our sins to God, we simply agree with God that we have sinned and need a Savior from sin. For the Lord is ALL KNOWING and knew before we were born that we would still sin in our fallen flesh! And therefore, he has already forgiven us by the BLOOD OF CHRIST! Forgiveness is only possible and acceptable to God through The BLOOD OF THE PERFECT LAMB SACRIFICE on the cross, and not by human confession! Therefore, God is faithful, and will, and has forgiven believers their sins! For God has promised to do this for all those who receive Christ as Savior. John 3:16. All God’s promises are Yes, and Amen! (2 Corinthians 1:20). And God is just by applying Christ’s final payment for our sins, acknowledging that the sins have indeed been atoned for by the work of Jesus Christ! 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. FORGIVENESS OF SIN IS ACHIEVED ONLY BY THE HOLY BLOOD OF CHRIST!*OUR SINS WERE FORGIVEN 2000 YEARS AGO BY THE ONE-TIME SACRIFICE AND THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF CHRIST JESUS! AND NOT BY OUR PERSONAL HYGIENE, CONFESSION, AND SELF-ANOINTED RIGHTEOUNESS! FOR OUR RIGHTEOUESS IS BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST: ROMANS 3:20-26.WITHOUT THE SHEDDING OF THE BLOOD OF CHRIST AND HIS RESURRECTION; THERE IS NO FORGIVENESS OF SIN. *GOD FORGIVES SIN ONLY BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST JESUS AND NOT CONFESSION OF SINS BY MOUTH. STARTING FROM THE OLD TESTAMENT TO THE NEW TESTAMENT; ITS ALL ABOUT THE BLOOD OF CHRIST! Hebrews 9:22: [In fact] under the Law almost everything is purified by means of blood, and without the shedding of blood there is neither release from sin and its guilt nor the remission of the due and merited punishment for sins. *THE BLOOD WAS SHED ON THE MERCY SEAT OF GOD! THAT IS WHY GOD SAID I WILL REMEMBER THEIR SINS NO MORE!! IT IS FINISHED! NO MORE MEANS THERE IS NO RECORD OF SIN. SIN IS ETERNALLY REMOVED!*YOUR CONFESSION OF SIN DOES NOT CONVINCE GOD TO FORGIVE SIN! GOD FORGAVE ALL THE SINS FOR ALL THOSE WHO ACCEPTED CHRIST BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH. JOHN 3:16. Hebrews 8:12: For I will be merciful and gracious toward their sins, and I will remember their deeds of unrighteousness no more. [Jeremiah 31:31-34 .]*AS YOU MATURE IN THE SPIRIT, YOU WILL LEARN TO ACKNOWLEDGE EVERY PERFECT AND GOOD THING INSIDE OF YOU AS A SAINT! FOR YOU ARE NO LONGER A SLAVE TO SIN CONSCIOUSNESS! Philemon 1:6: And I pray that the participation in and sharing of your faith may produce and promote full recognition and appreciation and understanding and precise knowledge of every good [thing] that is ours in [our identification with] Christ Jesus [and unto His glory].*BE CHRIST-CONSCIOUS FOR YOU HAVE HIS MIND AND NOT SIN CONSCIOUS WHICH IS THE MIND OF SLAVE IN BONDAGE TO SIN! FOR WHOM THE SON SETS FREE IS FREE INDEED! JOHN 8:36. 1 Corinthians 2:16: For who has known or understood the mind (the counsels and purposes) of the Lord so as to guide and instruct Him and give Him knowledge? But we (believers) have the MIND OF CHRIST (the Messiah) and DO HOLD the thoughts (feelings and purposes) OF HIM.*EPHESIANS 4:32: Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, JUST AS IN CHRIST, GOD, >>>>>FORGAVE<<<<< (PAST TENSE) YOU!!AMEN

Bee Bernette