I Know God Has Forgiven Me for My Past. Why Can’t I Move On?

I know God has forgiven me for all the bad things I did when I was younger, but I just can’t get them out of my mind, and it really depresses me. Why can’t I forget the past?

It might help to seek forgiveness from a person you have wronged. Sometimes receiving this can go a long way for getting healed of old guilt.

Thank you. It is a good suggestion. Someone told me that I need to pray more and listen God’s word more.

Have you forgiven yourself for your past? Forgiveness has more than one layer. Isaiah 43:25 “I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more. We have to forgive ourselves for our sins as well. If we truly believe that God has completely erased our past sin, then we can let it go. A memory may come up but we must remember that God no longer sees it so don’t let it affect us.

youtu.be/ranDrKwOmjE

Add https:// before the above address for “Wretched: You are not too unclean to be forgiven.”

(see above in print to get address if this link does not work, as it did not before)

We’re too weak to overcome all the things that bother us and make us depressed. We need to cry out for it before God.

i think we still have habit sin which we need solve. when we listen to Bible, we can have grace and move on.

I have read a sentence saying that even though we are always weak, we cannot bow before the accusations of the devil, but we tell God our troubles and by the grace that is from God we resist spiritual warfare