I lived a homosexual lifestyle for 25+ years

I was even engaged to a woman. The gay lifestyle was all I really ever knew since I was very young. I made fun of people who were “ex gays” and told myself that they were never REALLY gay to begin with. I SCOFFED AND MOCKED the saved. But one day while sitting in my garage getting high, I had a true divine encounter with God. After doing lots of soul searching and research I had to come to terms with the fact that what I was doing wasn’t making God proud and it was indeed a sin; a sin just as equal as any other sin IE lying, premarital sex, stealing, saying The Lords Name in vein, etc. It was a hard pill for me to swallow knowing that what I was doing was causing God pain. I remember crying to my then fiancé, my heart was broken. After much prayer and repentance I gave my entire life to the Lord and have now been celibate and sober for almost 2 years and no longer live that lifestyle. My ex and I are now saved, just friends, and on fire for the Lord and His church. I would never judge someone for living that kind of lifestyle, I would just tell them that Jesus loves them so much that he died for their sin, just to know them, and then I would give them my testimony. It’s hard for me to talk about, but it’s real and it happened. Praise Jesus.

1 Like