I love this quote from Baucham. It paints a perfect picture of what holding onto a grudge is like

I love this quote from Baucham. It paints a perfect picture of what holding onto a grudge is like. As followers of Christ we are called to forgive as we have been forgiven. Truly it is a marker of a true Christian, to be quick to offer and bestow forgiveness on others when we have been done wrong. Holding onto a grudge is in effect holding onto hate and bitterness and it will erode us from within. It will rob us of our peace and joy in Christ. We forgive as believers to show the world that we have been forgiven and that God is a God of forgiveness, but we are called to forgive by God for our benefit as well. To free us of a burden, and to shape and mold us as Christ is.
“Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:32‬ ‭ESV‬‬
“Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy-seven times.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭18:21-22‬ ‭ESV‬‬
“bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:13‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Brian Jenkins

Thought it was mark Twain

Penny Hetrick

footnote… God DOES “hate”. More than people wanna believe… Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. … See more

OG Greaves

Thats what just ruined my life, unable to forgive the person who meant the most to me, ooh well guess she better set free i have been a burden which i ask the lord to correct in me

Brad Friesen

OG Greaves ditto… Have a great day. Love conquers all, so much love my friend. Too bad to blocked me some unknown reason and to won’t see this message. I’ll pray for you…

Kevin Young