I love you mum. Thank you for helping instill such important values in me during my early years

For over 22 years since I was 19, up until Saturday 22nd February 2020, I hadn’t had a relationship with my mum. This was due to me not being able to forgive for things that were said and done all those years ago. For many, many years I had also chosen to disconnect from the rest of my family for various reasons.

Since becoming a born again Christian in June 2019, I have spent quite a lot of time in rebuilding these previously damaged family relationships. I had been holding back from reaching out to my mum. I was waiting for the right time, knowing everything has a time and place. Most importantly I am now always striving to hear and discern Gods voice, and follow His plan for my life.

On 26th Jan, whilst I was fasting, God spoke to me and said “Paul now is the right time for you to reach out to your mum”. I sent my mum an email, sharing with her how much I love her and thanking her for how she nurtered me when I was young.

On Saturday 22nd February about 9pm, God spoke to me and said “Paul, now is the right time call your mum.”

I called my mum and we spoke for over 2 hours in total. Towards the end of the call, when we were talking about how we both want to speak again soon, God once again spoke to me and said “Paul, offer to go and visit your mum tomorrow.”

I offered to come up to see my mum. She was made up.

From Sunday 23rd February around 3pm, we spent almost 24 hours together. I never could have imagined the depth and speed of the reconcilliation that took place. It was quite simply profound.

I want to praise God for giving me a new heart, and for opening up to now be living so much of my life with the fruit of the spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfullness, gentleness and self-control.

I love you mum. Thank you for helping instill such important values in me during my early years.

Paul Rouke

2 Likes

Hello there Sir Paul…I was touched and moved by your story, and currently crying coz I missed my mom so much. My parents are living in the Philippines while my own family is living in Australia for a year now. I am happy that you and your mom where reconciled and both healed. Continue to love her, as much as she loved you! God bless.

Thank God for your life and the reconciliation that took place between you and your mother. To God be the glory. Amen

I was so moved by this that I had to place my photo beside my name to show you that I’m for real :slight_smile: I love my mom dearly. Our mother is everything. I hope more people in this community will get to read Paul’s testimony and do say hi to your mom for me :slight_smile: Bless your heart

Wow, this is so amazing! I am so touched with your story. So inspiring. :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: